Is there a word meaning first in a series of three?

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 12:47 pm
I am especially looking for a prefix that means “the first of three,” but just something close to that would be great. I want to use a prefix to attach to another word to indicate that it is the first one out of three total, specifically. Not just first and certainly not third. Or something that means “one third” or indicates a third of something has passed would be great. I hope there is a word for what I’m looking for.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 329 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 02:38 pm
@EmaJ19 ,
Down hereaways we say, "Omne trium perfectum" (everything that comes in threes is perfect).

'Trilogy' witch means three of something; the prefix tri means three... Triangle, Trinity or Tripartite.

We also say, better to dig the well before you are thirsty.

If in doubt try Precursor to a threesome; Penultimate and Ultimate.

Vote Trump 2024
0 Replies

Related Topics

deal - Question by WBYeats
Drs. = female doctor? - Question by oristarA
Let pupils abandon spelling rules, says academic - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Please, I need help. - Question by imsak
Is this sentence grammatically correct? - Question by Sydney-Strock
"come from" - Question by mcook
  1. Forums
  2. » Is there a word meaning first in a series of three?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/24/2020 at 11:04:42