Susan Collins says Trump has “learned his lesson” and will behave now.

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 09:07 am
Susan Collins says Trump has “learned his lesson”
and will behave now.

Republican Senator Susan Collins defended her decision to vote to acquit Donald Trump in the impeachment trial by claiming that the President has “learned his lesson” and that he’ll behave from now on. Collins seems to believe that because the President acts like a toddler then he can be punished like one, but that’s not how this whole thing works. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

Published February 5, 2020

Brand X

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 09:15 am
Just the opposite, he's more empowered than ever. Turns out the president is above the law, when it's not upheld.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 09:22 am
Susan Collins Regrets Saying She Believed Trump Has Learned Lesson.

Published February 6, 2020

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20 for Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine).

Collins said Tuesday that she would vote to acquit President Donald Trump and that he had learned a lesson from the Ukraine scandal and his impeachment.

However, that doesn’t appear to be the case.

When Trump was asked to comment on Collins’ assertion, he once again declared he’d done nothing wrong: “It was a perfect call,” he said of his conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

On Wednesday, Collins told a reporter from Maine outlet WGME-TV that she used the wrong verb when discussing the potential impact of impeachment on the president.

A better word, she decided, would have been “hopes.”

The reflection didn’t impress very many people.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/susan-collins-donald-trump-impeachment_n_5e3b2cd9c5b6b70886f96878?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20vc2VhcmNoP3E9c3VzYW4rY29sbGlucytzYXlzK3RydW1wK2hhcytsZWFybmVkK2hpcytsZXNzb24mZm9ybT1QUkhQQzEmc3JjPUlFMTFUUiZwYz1FVVBQX0hDVEU&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHkkAztn9f-TN-ziKVY1cUTJ9gX6F9VSYPI3EamEB6yTWrhgSdLZNlyK7lWAeSPZnKf-AzLKbVQaM_T1piLaEoEJAPqPH9FnBu9EVzgx1DQ665ya4nzY1lE5QE6Bgq3gsLHcXZUYzNZk1-9OJs8xXuv8n47nTkq8kgGyP9JLWW5W
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 09:47 am
@Real Music,
We need to help Sara Gideon throw cowardly, pathetic Susan Collins out of the US Senate.

She has received the second most political donations from me (the first being Elizabeth Warren).
Brand X

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 09:52 am
I'm thinking if McCain was still around he would have maybe gotten more Senate spineless worms to convict.
oralloy

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 10:00 am
@Brand X,
Not when there is no case to justify a conviction.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 10:08 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

I'm thinking if McCain was still around he would have maybe gotten more Senate spineless worms to convict.

McCain would have more likely voted for witnesses. Don't overestimate his alleged maverick-ness in terms of a hypothetical vote to convict. He did throw his vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh.

I'll hold this Supreme Court confirmation vote against him and Collins to a higher and critical degree than his hypothetical vote and Collins vote to deny witnesses.
hightor

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 11:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
She has received the second most political donations from me...

Hey, thanks!

Collins has a reservoir of goodwill among the Maine electorate because she worked in the office of Sen. William Cohen, who is still widely respected here. Her office is responsive to the concerns of constituents (she once headed a regional branch of the Small Business Administration). When she first ran for office she promised not to seek re-election! She's pretty much demolished her opposition in the last few elections — it's difficult to see how she pulls it off, other than being a familiar figure who doesn't make waves. We're hoping it's different this time.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 11:13 am
@tsarstepan,
McCain didn't like Trump at all so you have to take that into account.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 12:18 pm
Susan Collins has not learned her lesson, yet. Nov 3 is coming.
Real Music

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 03:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
1. I agree that Susan Collins has not yet learned her lesson.

2. I also agree that the only way Susan Collins will ever learn her lesson is to boot her out of office this upcoming November.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 03:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
We need to help Sara Gideon throw cowardly, pathetic Susan Collins out of the US Senate.

1. I don't know who Sara Gideon is.

2. I will have to Wikipedia her name to find out she is.

3. I truly hope and pray that the pathetic coward Susan Collins is defeated by a democrat this upcoming November.
oralloy

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 03:43 pm
@Real Music,
While I personally think that it is reasonable for one party to want to defeat the opposing party in an election, I recall the Democrats acting horrified because a Republican leader once said that he wanted to make Obama a one-term president.

I'm detecting a bit of a double standard from the left here.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 06:15 am
@oralloy,
I remember Limbaugh spouting out his ass that, when Clinton got elected "AMERICA WAS HELD HOSTAGE"

Remember, the GOP discovered all by its self that "trickle down" was voodoo economics, yet der Fuhrer seems to be trying to convince us now that his tax cuts are paid by themselves. He nevr learns anything. He will keep trying the same old crap and expecting different outcomes.

Im already moving into Munis and Reits and Ive carefully selected some really good money making downside calls.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 02:48 pm
@farmerman,
It does work for the 1% farmerman. The other 99% are screwed for the most part.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 10:13 am
@RABEL222,
But they can still be racist, homophobic and tremble behind their guns, which is all his supporters want.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2020 06:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
But they can still be racist,

Racist to you means enforcing the law. That is why the young girls got raped. Your police were scared to be called racist by some arrogant dolts. The word has no value when you use it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 09:45 am
Senator Susan Collins faces a competitive race in Maine.

With Democrats trying to regain control of the Senate in November, one of the more competitive races will be in Maine.
Republican Senator Susan Collins is facing one of her toughest reelection bids yet, with three Democratic challengers
vying for her seat. Rachel Ohm, a reporter for the Portland Press Herald, joined CBS News to discuss the contest.

Published May 21, 2020

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:50 am
Quote:
Susan Collins says Trump has “learned his lesson” and will behave now.

(Susan Collins) can learn her lesson by her being voting out of office this November.
0 Replies