kiss bites

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:10 am
hey guys,

my boyfriend was over yesterday and he gave me what he calls a kiss bite. i hated it cos it hurts and i felt like he was marking me his territory so i got mad.

anyways my question is - how can i get rid of it? its quite large in a line down my neck and its turning into an ugly bruise. my prom is on monday and ive heard they take quite a while to go.....please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,761 • Replies: 21
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:21 am
Eek!!Did he actually bite you?!! If he did then he is a nutter and really not a nice person!

I dont think you can get rid of it as its a bruise but just cover it up as much as possible with hair, make-up, a neckerchief type thing(like they wore in Grease)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:24 am
You have what in my youth we called a "hicky". It will probably take about two weeks to go away. It is basically a broken blood vessel. You might be able to cover it with foundation makeup.

Tell your dimwit boyfriend if he tries it again he is going to be a very lonely dude. If he doesn't respect your wishes - dump him.
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:28 am
thanks guys, yeh i had a real go at him for it. and accidentally caught him where it hurts with my knee....ooops!

ugh right, guess its off to find some makeup that will cover it...two weeks ewww!

and no he didnt really bite me, he more sucked on my neck really hard and quickly.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:35 am
Ahh,a sucky neck kiss is definately known as a hickey or a love bite.
I had one once and was horrified when I first saw it,didnt know what to do.Luckily I have long hair so that did most of the covering.I still hope to this day that my parents never saw it.
Good luck.

Oh and well done for 'accidently' kneeing your boyfriend.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:40 am
A polo neck jumper might be useful.
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 07:15 am
lol thanks but its the height of summer here far too hot for that! good advice though!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 07:17 am
He was definitely marking his territory. Much the same as a dog urinates on a light post. Get rid of him.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 07:30 am
The urinating man or the biting man, Wilso? :wink:
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 07:58 am
i think you guys have just given me the answer......well done msolga.....i have remembered that the prom dress i bought had a matching stole which the shop i work in still has! im off to go buy it and i should be able to wear it round my neck cos its thin, and it will hide the kiss bite (hickey, love bite, urinating dog mark :p)

till then i shall swelter with my hair down and search for some decent concealer.

man i really dont get this whole posession thing some teenage guys have with their girls. its like a conquest.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:01 am
Hey , yuove learnt early, guiys must posess, rule, own their women.Teach him now that if he wants to stay with you you wont be treated like that!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:01 am
All fixed! Respectable again, confused girl! Very Happy
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:11 am
lol indeed!

luckily my dad hasnt spotted it so far and my mums cool.

i think the "accident" kneeing sorted him out a bit, it certainly made him listen to me. im no walkover......

all women are their own person, no man should ever own them rock on!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:17 am
I had one once - after putting foundation on it, gently pat some powder too. It may not totally cover it, but at a prom with the lights low, it will be difficult to see. Long hair works wonders too.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:20 am
I can remember when i was a teenager, I was talking to my dad and for some reason, god knows how we got onto the subject as its not something i really discuss and certainly not with my dad, he said to me 'dont ever get a love bite, theyre not nice'.
When I got one(my one and only)I felt so yucky, like id let my dad down.
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:30 am
it sort of is a visible mark of the fact that youre at a stage your parents would rather you werent. with my parents things like that are signs of sluttiness and that you're sexually active. its like rubbing their faces in it. even worse was the fact that we were at my house and we had to go down for dinner with my mum and younger brother....its like a sign of ingratitude on my bfs part...totally laid that one on him.

no one ever let your man do it to you

your dad was wise material girl
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:43 am
I had a boyfriend who thought it was "funny" to give me hickies. Until I gave him one back. Then it wasn't so funny.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:43 am
I didnt plan on it happening.Id not experienced that kind of thing before so I didnt know what I was looking out for.
Yes my dad is wise.

Christ, just realised i was 24/25 when that happened!!!God I am a late starter!!
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:22 am
lol it was the same with me material girl, i had no idea what he was doing. i didnt assume you did :0)

yeah maybe i'll try giving him one see how it goes down lol.....although knowing my luck he will probably see it as an excuse to start over again on me and wont find it as bad as i do lol.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:07 am
Hickys suck.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
0 Replies