Marriage Resrouces

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:19 pm
Hi everyone, my wife and I have been married for about 13 years. After 2 kids, the death of 3 of our parents, 2 degrees, and many other changes, we've probably ignored our relationship for too long and have hit a crisis point. Not sure we are ready to jump into marriage counseling. Two part question:
1. Where do you go to find the right resources to help a marriage? It seems there are so many places where you can find books, courses, workshops, blogs, etc. How do you aggregate all this into something that can help?
2. How do you ensure you find the right resources for the core problems? At this point it seems there are so many issues and it would be nice to find something that can hone in on the issue so we are wasting time and making things more frustrating.
Appreciate all your input in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 969 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 02:16 pm
Referrals seem the best way, to me. Do you know anyone who has been in the same boat and their marriage survived with the help of a counselor?

Decide if you feel more comfortable with a male it female counselor, too.

Be sure to get a counselor who specializes in marital issues, and that they are connected with a medical consortium in case medication is needed.

Good luck and kudos to you for being willing to reach out for help.
DataPaul

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 10:31 pm
@PUNKEY,
Appreciate the guidance
0 Replies