New man is super hot and cold

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 03:05 pm
So I met this guy at the beginning of December. It was an instant connection sparks were flying and everything was great. He’s literally the dream guy. Like amazing personality, handsome, successful, charming, everything. And he had told me that he has never had a girlfriend before because he just never actually wanted a relationship with any girl he met and was more focused on finishing school. Along with that his parents agreed that he shouldn’t be in a relationship while he’s focusing on school and work. So anyway, he said that I was the first girl he wanted an actual relationship with since he graduated. We went out a few times and then he asked me to be his girlfriend I said yes because we got along so well and I could really see this working out. However, we decided we needed to slow down a little bit cause we hadn’t known eachother that long so we’d just be exclusive and not be like super public with it. Which was my idea not his. Anyway during this time he had a trip planned to go visit his family for 18 days. So before he left we were texting and going on dates all the time. He would tell me how much he likes me and call me cute names and everything. He would tell me how excited he was to hurry up and get back from his trip so we could be together. I’m just saying he did that all on his own I didn’t start it, he did. Anyway he asked me to take him to the airport and I said I would so we ended up spending most of that day together before he left. So I drop him off and he tells me he’s gonna miss me so much and can’t wait to come back so we can be together. So we part and he’s gone and after about a week he turned into the driest texter in the world. It felt like he didn’t even want to text me anymore and he was just pitty texting me. So after a bit of this I finally spoke up and asked if we were still on the same page as when he left. He said that he wasn’t too sure anymore that he wanted to date at all but he likes me. And that because of him starting grad school and work I couldn’t be his top priority and he didn’t want to put me through that. So I told him to think more about it cause we had a really good connection and that when he gets back from his trip we can talk it through in person, and he agreed. So he gets back today and we’re going out tomorrow to talk. I feel so confused and just let down because he made me all these promises of a relationship and now I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Should I not jump to conclusions and just wait to see what he says tomorrow or should I just prepare for him to bail? I feel like I was super dumb and got played.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,666 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 04:59 pm
My bet is that his parents got to him and ran the same story to not get involved with any girl while he is in school. That includes grad studies.

So - just realize that he may not be able to have a full relationship with you.

Another thought : could he be in an arranged marriage commitment? Do you really know much about this guy? (Background, family, etc)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 02:50 pm
So ridiculous. Myname216 must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Myname216, Chill!
0 Replies