Scorned Granny

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:27 pm
Scorned Granny Guns Down Beau, 85

Quote:
Furious that their romance was ending, a 78-year-old great-grandmother shot her 85-year-old ex-beau to death as he read the newspaper in a senior citizens home, police said.

"I did it and I'd do it again!" Lena Driskell yelled to officers who arrived at the home June 10, according to testimony. Police said she was wearing a bathrobe and slippers, waving an antique handgun with her finger still on the trigger. . . .

The "crazy" part of this tragic killing is that the confessed, unremorseful murdering granny is free on bail!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 967 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:47 pm
Debra--

Are you sure they took the gun away?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:55 pm
Seems to be something about 79 year old grannies and guns. Notwithstanding the 1940 movie of the same name : Granny, get your gun.

This from November 24, 2004
Granny, get your gun or face jail

Miami - A grandmother, 79, has been arrested on Tuesday allegedly trying to enter an airport with a pistol hidden in what looked like a book, police said.

Margaret Anderson tried to pass Fort Lauderdale airport X-ray security with a .22-calibre handgun, the Broward County Sheriff's office said in a statement.

"The scanner screen revealed a small handgun inside the woman's luggage.

"Inside the tote bag deputies found a gun case, designed and manufactured to resemble a hardbound book, containing a single-shot Colt derringer.

"The gun was unloaded but seven .22-caliber bullets were in the case next to the weapon," the report said.

Anderson said she knew the case contained a pistol, but had forgotten that it was in her tote bag, according to the sheriff.

The arrest cut short her planned trip to the Bahamas.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 01:15 pm
That settles it!

Grannies are fast becoming an undeniable threat to national security.

Due to their criminal element and future dangerousness, I suggest that we begin placing them into preventative detention at Gitmo Bay, Cuba.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 01:21 pm
Get these vicious Grannies off the streets!

Uff-dah . . . I would quiver to meet this dangerous felon in a dark alley:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0525051densmore1.jpg
0 Replies