Ranking US Senators - specifically, those up for reelection

nimh

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 09:46 am
Earlier this month, Survey USA published a ranking of

APPROVAL RATINGS FOR ALL 100 U.S. SENATORS AS OF 6/13/05.

The Washington Monthly's Kevin Drum went one better and filtered the list to show only

THE SENATORS WHO ARE UP FOR REELECTION NEXT YEAR

There's no way I'm gonna be able to properly reproduce that table here, so y'all will just have to click the link to satisfy your curiosity ;-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,651 • Replies: 22
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:00 am
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/blogphotos/Blog_Senators_Approval.gif
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:04 am
Its a bloody gif! Laughing

Sorry for not paying attention there ... where is my head. I thought it was an actual <table> ... ooh, that was lame

<giggles>

Thanks Timber.. Razz
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:15 am
?????

Frist isn't seeking re-election?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:51 am
Yer weccum nimh, and thanks for the moment of fun it gave me Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:59 am
squinney wrote:
?????

Frist isn't seeking re-election?

heck no. he wants to be mister president.

my republican parents live in east tennessee. guess he's not all that popular. i asked my dad what he thought about "your boy frist". he actually did the old man grunt...

"he's not my boy."

the way he said it , ya woulda thought fristy was a liberal. Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:03 pm
Pity Jeffords is going ... think Bernie Saunders might give it a go?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:50 pm
Well well looks athose among senators up for reelection, Hillary is in a three way tie for fourth place in popularity with 65% of New Yorkers approving of her.

Someone needs to get on the phone and remind them that New York is McGentrixs' state and he says she has to go. You're not just going to sit around and take this outrage are ya bud? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 01:22 pm
nimh wrote:
Pity Jeffords is going ... think Bernie Saunders might give it a go?

could be. it is too bad about jeffords. it's good for there to be at least one wild card in the bunch.

at a glance, it looks like moderates really saw the best increase in popularity.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:05 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Well well looks athose among senators up for reelection, Hillary is in a three way tie for fourth place in popularity with 65% of New Yorkers approving of her.

Someone needs to get on the phone and remind them that New York is McGentrixs' state and he says she has to go. You're not just going to sit around and take this outrage are ya bud? Laughing Laughing

I've got things planned...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:30 am
Ah, music to my eyes... Santorum in the bottom, where he belongs.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:11 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Santorum in the bottom, where he belongs.

You mean "Santorum?"
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:12 am
Be careful McGentrix. Homeland security is watching. Your comments could be misconstrued and then... off to Gitmo you go.

Bring your own Koran Toilet paper... it saves mad time.

TF
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:22 am
joefromchicago wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Santorum in the bottom, where he belongs.

You mean "Santorum?"

Laughing That's the one!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:41 am
eeew, gross Razz
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 12:18 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

that's SAINT santorum to you, buddy. Smile

it is interesting. i'd love to hear why from his constituents. i have a hard time believing that he could be so far down the pipe without actually being really horrible at the job in ways other than his constant thrumming of the values thing...

spends too much? spends too little? favors special interest of the corporate kind?

anybody know ?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 12:22 pm
nimh wrote:
eeew, gross Razz

Shocked wayyyy to much information...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:25 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

it is interesting. i'd love to hear why from his constituents. i have a hard time believing that he could be so far down the pipe without actually being really horrible at the job in ways other than his constant thrumming of the values thing...

spends too much? spends too little? favors special interest of the corporate kind?

anybody know ?

Well, I am one of his constituents and I don't like him because he's too socially conservative and he's a Bush boot licker. Farmerman has his own take on him. Everybody I know thinks he's a hypocritical scumbag. I'll do some unofficial polling, though, and let you know if anything more specific has anything to do with it.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 02:04 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

anybody know ?

Well, I am one of his constituents and I don't like him because he's too socially conservative and he's a Bush boot licker. Farmerman has his own take on him. Everybody I know thinks he's a hypocritical scumbag. I'll do some unofficial polling, though, and let you know if anything more specific has anything to do with it.

thanx duck. i'm fascinated. considering the climate, you'd think that he'd have a much, much higher point count.

maybe there is hope...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 02:26 pm
Well, we are labor and union heavy here. He's tried a couple of measures that, well, favored slave labor. We're also not too happy with his social security reform attempts. And, reportedly, folks are tired of watching his pussy-lips move while uttering indignant self-righteousness. That's just what I've gleaned so far. Will keep prodding my co-workers.
0 Replies