Price of Gasoline Now

cobalt

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 12:32 pm
I'll start a new thread on a topic brought up by a conversation my brother and I had last night. I commented "Have you noticed how much the price of gasoline is dropping ever since Monday?" He replied "It's Big Oil's way of saying "Thank you!" for the war...."

On Monday afternoon the price of the economy gasoline here in the Midwest was $1.73 per gallon where I live. That evening it went to $1.64 and by morning $1.59. Now four days later it is $1.53. Hmmmmm, this "war" is NOT about oil? Yeah, right!

Anyone else notice dramatic changes? (Ritajam, I am sorry I did not see your thread of the same title from earlier this week!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,337 • Replies: 76
No top replies

BillW

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 04:55 pm
Back up to $1.50 and rising - big oils way of say, "Screw you"
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
It was down to $1.99 a month ago (here in Tahoe, CA) and even $1.89 some days. Now it's $2.39.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:18 pm
Here in the Big Greasy it's gone up, from $1.39 to $1.57 (gallon, regular unleaded) in the past ten days.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:19 pm
Gas is way up in So Cal -- Bush has fixed it so his oil buddies including the Saudis make out like bandits. Whatever came of oversight on landfall profits? I guess free enterprise means the freedom to gouge all of us until we're poorer, not hire new people to improve their service, pay much off that money off in lobbying and likely some graft here and there. When are people going to wake up?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:20 pm
(Likely to be a subject on Bill Maher's Friday HBO show).
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:22 pm
Seems the first threat of price increases were the pipeline getting blown up in Iraq (like that has affected oil prices in the past), then the blackout and finally we coming up on the holidays - yeah, right - the big executives sat and simply said - Screw You, need a bigger Golden Parachute and must pay off Cheney!!!!!!!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:50 pm
Quote:
U.S. drivers can expect gasoline prices to rise over the next few weeks thanks to tighter motor fuel supplies and strong demand, the government warned Wednesday.

"With the Labor Day weekend less than 2 weeks away, gasoline prices are likely to rise even further on a national basis, as recent increases in wholesale prices continue to be passed through to retail markets," the Energy Information Administration said in its weekly review of the oil market.

Forbes.com
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:53 pm
I paid less than $2 per gallon for premium today at Costco. c.i.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:54 pm
Thanks for reminding me -- I was totally out but my next trip is to Costco.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:35 pm
$1.68 for regular here at most stations. A supermarket had it at $1.48. Haven't checked the Sam's Club price. This was kind of sudden. Oh, the best premium at $1.85.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:51 pm
It's been $1.49 for regular unleaded at the station I go to for the last 8 weeks. No change in prices one way or the other.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:17 pm
Our prices change like a yo-yo.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 08:59 am
Better go out and check gas prices, fishin', or I'm going to believe it's screw California again. The lowest price for regular here is now $1.95 per gallon (Orange County). There's so much whistlin' in the dark by Republicans now they could form huge choirs of whistlers in each area of the nation.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:01 am
(Haven't checked Costco -- or Sam's Club does not sell gas).
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:04 am
It's up here. I can't understand why people don't grasp that American citizens are held in no different esteem by the Bush gang than Middle Eastern terrorists...they are about making themselves rich and powerful...and EVERYONE else is an incidental citizen of the world they plan to own. Better wise up folks, before it's too late.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:06 am
When I was on my way home from my morning coffee, I saw the local station sign selling premium at $2.17 a gallon. c.i.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:36 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Better go out and check gas prices, fishin', or I'm going to believe it's screw California again. The lowest price for regular here is now $1.95 per gallon (Orange County). There's so much whistlin' in the dark by Republicans now they could form huge choirs of whistlers in each area of the nation.

I don't need to check again. I filled up my tank yesterday at $1.49 and the sign was still the same this morning.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:39 am
Sam does sell gas in Farmington, NM, GW.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:48 am
Just to make you all laugh:

The price of petrol at the station near my office is currently £0.75 per litre, which (if my sums are right) makes it about $5.37 per gallon!
0 Replies