Can this relationship survive cheating?

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:48 pm
Hey A2Kers.. I need some assistance.. thanks for reading this in advance..

There's someone I know and essentially what occured in summary, was that she was shy and she had liked a guy and she told her best friend everything. Best friend likes guy as well (who she met in the first place through her shy friend). Boy and girl like each other, but girl gets scared to start an intimate relationship with boy because she doesn't think they know each other well enough and instead tells boy to be friends for now. Girl confides in best friend. Best friend uses girl's insecurities to her advantage and starts pursuing boy behind girl's back. Eventually, Best Friend and Boy hook up, but when story comes out, Best friend lies and tells everyone that it was Boy who made the first move.Girl is crushed. Soon after, Boy and Best Friend break up. Months go by and Girl doesn't talk to Best Friend or Boy. Girl and Boy eventually have a conversation several months after, and after some honest discussion, both come to realise how they were played by Best Friend in various manipulations and lies. Now, some time has passed and both Boy and Girl are getting back into a close friendship and old feelings are starting to resurface. However, Girl still wonders to some extent if she can trust Boy, as he kept his relationship with B.F. a secret from her, even though he knew it was wrong.

However, even through all this, while Girl would like to trust Boy once more, she still wonders sometimes if she's making a mistake, just simply by being friends again. Neither Girl nor Boy talk to B.F. as both have mutual dislike for her..

So, this is the question that I pose to you A2Kers.. because I don't want my friend to go down the wrong path.. do you think there is any hope for this relationship? As a friendship? As a romantic relationship? As both?

What do you guys think? Any feedback appreciated
:Rose
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:12 pm
I'm guessing that all parties involved are under 21 and still evolving.

If no one makes a move, nothing will happen.
0 Replies