Who Makes You Want To Throw-Up?

snood

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:02 am
Anyone who's read my posts knows I'm no fan of shrub or this war.

But the San Fran protesters looked to me like a buncha ill-advised fukk-ups, endangering people by snarling traffic. And I wish they had thought
out a little more productive scenario than that.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:07 am
There's no "hippie" like an aging hippie! Check out the old hippies with flowers in their hair. Instead of flowers, I suggest that the old hippies go home, take a shower and put some Prell in their hair instead of a bunch of dried up old flowers.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:43 am
New Haven - Just so you don't get the idea that you and I agree. I was referring to one scenario, with the San Fran protestors handling their protest badly. You seem to think that the millions of people who have, and will continue to voice opposition to this endeavor in Iraq, can be marginalized with a witticism.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:45 am
snood, sometimes the only way to get a voice heard in the middle of a battle is to disrupt the lives of the complacent.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:22 am
Goldie

If you are not a conservative -- and if I called you a conservative -- you have my complete, unqualified apologies. There has to be limits! ;-}

I find myself agreeing with Snoods feelings about the San Francisco incident -- but I gotta admit that I also agree with what K responded.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:24 am
Damn, I forgot!!!!

I still don't have that au / Goldie thing straightened out.

Once again, I did not mean the "Goldie" as an insult, au, it just works better for me than calling you au.

If it is a bother, though, please let me know and I'll be more careful.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:39 am
Thankfully, I have digital cable, so I can avoid both the politicians and the protesters in favour of such great movies as "Gladiator Cop", a Lorenzo Lamas classic, or reruns of the A-Team and Highlander.

However, I am not totally immune to the situation....but consider this: My wife attended an anti-war protest recently, run by an organization made up of ex-pat Americans living in Canada. This was a protest for peace, let's remember. Some yobbo makes an anti-American statement, and things nearly come to fisticuffs, with a lot of the organizers saying things like "Who said that, we are all Americans here, where is he?" And so on and so on....screw all forms of hypocrisy, I say....politicians and lobby groups. Razz
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:40 am
P.S., Slappy may be nasty, but never fails to crack me up Very Happy
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:51 am
NH it might help to realize that many Iraqi "taxpayers" will not be getting home ...at all.... tonight!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 12:31 pm
IMO with American service people {British and Australians } fighting and in harms way at this point the why or wherefore matters little. The concern should be for a quick end to hostilities with as few casualties as possible. Demonstrations can wait. I am sure those bent on demonstrating will find plenty of time and reasons to vent their spleen after this is over. Now is the time for all Americans to stand together. I know that may be a strange concept to many of you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:24 pm
Yeah, littlek - the thing is though, when you snarl up traffic on a busy city thoroughfare, it's hard to tell whether you're awakening the "complacent", or just causing a dangerous clusterfukk.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:53 pm
the parades through cambridge that I've seen have been very well organized. Police cars and motorcycles advance before the crowds and block the streets. Shouldn't be the least bit dangerous. At most annoying.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:54 pm
Frank - there IS an edit button, you could edit "goldie" at any time.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:42 pm
au1929 wrote:
IMO with American service people {British and Australians } fighting and in harms way at this point the why or wherefore matters little. The concern should be for a quick end to hostilities with as few casualties as possible. Demonstrations can wait. I am sure those bent on demonstrating will find plenty of time and reasons to vent their spleen after this is over. Now is the time for all Americans to stand together. I know that may be a strange concept to many of you.

And I'm sure you see no irony in making a solemn pronouncement about "all Americans standing together", right before you throw out an insult at some of 'em. No doubt that's okay to you, because it was one of those "if the shoe fits" type statements, huh?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:02 pm
snood
As it is said the truth will set you free.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
Pictures like this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2003/03/23/war23.jpeg

Caption: British soldiers look down at a trench containing
the bodies of two Iraqi soldiers with a white flag
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:43 pm
ick
gaddammit.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:26 pm
littlek

Quote:
Frank - there IS an edit button, you could edit "goldie" at any time
Hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:28 pm
After being offline for a number of days (since Wednesday, actually), I am groping my way back towards some semblance of mental health. Actually, " I think I'm going to throw up" was one of my posts on US, UN, and Iraq.

It is totally unnecessary to put the blame on any one person or thing.....the whole entire business is scary and nauseating.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:32 pm
au - hahaha, er, I was just refering to the word "goldie".
0 Replies