BLEW IT

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:26 pm
Ok, well, the girl I liked I didn't ask to this dinner dance we had because I felt like it would put too much presure on her. So everyone is dancing and having a good time and she and some of her friends keep looking back at me and I thought that maybe they were trying to tell me something. The next thing you know 4 slow songs have passed, and then the last one comes. I dance with this other girl because she asks me to, but I see the girl I like and she is in a group of girls just swaying and laughing. I was like oh good, at least she is having a good time. Then when it was all over one of her friends looked at me, then looked away, and my crush kind of looked sad and dissapointed, mostly sad. Tomorrow is our graduation and it's a half day, and since I'm going to a different high school, I'm not really going to ever see the girl I like again, which sucks really bad, but what should I say, or should I say anything because I felt like I somehow let her down or something, please tell me some advice...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 973 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Snowlock

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:46 am
I'm usually very responsive / caring to most people who have problems, but my only response to you is simply...

"Grow a pair, and sound-off!"

if you want to quote crap like this - "playing a drum is like making love, don't look down to see whats happenin, just feel the flow and it will all go smooth"

Then you shouldn't have a problem talking to a girl... grow-up
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:59 am
if you all live in the same city, what is stopping you from looking up her phone # in the phone book and calling her? just because you are going to different high schools doesn't mean you can't pick up the phone.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:32 am
Youll always wonder 'what if' if you dont ask her out.

Go for it, how often do 2 people like each other.
Dont forget if she is shy/stand offish/laughs she is probably just as nervous and cautious as you.

Lifes too short, do it!!!!

10 years ago I fancied a guy at college. I never spoke to him.
I saw him on a dating programme a couple of years back, I was at a pals house and I couldnt believe he was on tv.He was really nice,my friends thought so too,we had similar interests, but I never spoke to him.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:11 am
Quote:
I'm usually very responsive / caring to most people who have problems, but my only response to you is simply...

"Grow a pair, and sound-off!"

if you want to quote crap like this - "playing a drum is like making love, don't look down to see whats happenin, just feel the flow and it will all go smooth"

Then you shouldn't have a problem talking to a girl... grow-up

Snowlock--

Are you sure you're posting on the right thead?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:18 am
Was a bit harsh wasnt it.
0 Replies

jrgmoney

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:44 pm
yeah snowlock just to let you know that's from a movie, ok I didn't make it up. Also, you don't have any idea about me and who I am. I'm sensitive and shy which I hate, but w/e. This girl also is one that I;ve never felt anything like before, and she's not just a girl. She's funny, she's smart, she's nice and is so pretty I could just melt. Sop shut up with your opinionated crap, and if you're going to take the time and post something, make it helpful and useful, because that's what this site is all about.
0 Replies

Snowlock

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:37 pm
yes, I did take the time to type a message, and yes I do believe I have the right thread, and for a third time, yes, it was harsh... for a reason.

I can certainly understand how the quote is completely seperate from this entire situation, but it's like going into a gas station and trying to rob the store, but you don't know how to use the gun...

Or better yet, asking advice for trying to confront a girl, but you have a quote which quite blatantly states there's nothing to 'sex' except the rhythym...

If it sounds like a duck, walk likes a duck, then it's a duck... you, sir, sound like a shy individual... but you don't act like one - based on the quote, and that's the reason I posted in the manner that I did.

Anyone who wants to live by that quote or even feels the need to display the quote should not have a problem talking to a woman...

We've all had our problems, me included... search my name for mine, but at least try to act, and sound like a duck next time if you want to be treated as such.
0 Replies

jrgmoney

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:53 pm
w/e next time if someone comes to this site for help don't give them the complete opposite just because of your attitude towards what they said.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:44 pm
Gentlemen--

There is so much good in the worst of us
And so much bad in the best of us
That it scarcely behooves any of us
To talk about the rest of us.
0 Replies

Snowlock

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:17 am
jrgmoney wrote:
w/e next time if someone comes to this site for help don't give them the complete opposite just because of your attitude towards what they said.

Next time, I'll continue to do what I did with you. I honestly gave you the best advice I could muster, along with the "harsh" criticism... if you cannot see that... I apologize for your ignorance.

However, I do reserve the right to post how I see fit, and if any moderators on this board have a problem with it, they can correct it because that is their duty / responsibility.

Noddy24 wrote:
Gentlemen--

Did you do this off the top of your head or was it pre-written by you or some other individual?
0 Replies

jrgmoney

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 11:47 am
If that's the best advice you could muster than you must be pretty bad at giving advice. In your post, I didn't see a word of advice, I just saw a misunderstanding. If you saw the movie drumline, you would be aware of that quote. By the way, "grow a pair and sound off doesn't qualify as advice". Nice job.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:11 pm
I repeat this useful bit of folk doggerel:

My folk do triple rhymes when triple rhymes are needed.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:37 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I repeat this useful bit of folk doggerel:

My folk do triple rhymes when triple rhymes are needed.

With your permission, Noddy, I'd like to put that rhyme up on the wall in The Shelter this weekend. It's perfect for them.

Snowlock, it's a LOT easier to be mean than to be nice. I make an effort to be kind because it helps me to grow, and to think more clearly, and because it's more difficult and thus stretches me a bit. Try it, you might actually like it.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:44 pm
Hi jrgmoney! I think if you can get this girl's phone number, either by asking someone or looking it up, you have not blown it after all.

There are actually several advantages to dating someone from a different high school... not as much gossip about the 2 of you, for instance.

Just by asking for her phone number, she'll know some of your feelings.

Best of luck & happiness to you!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:58 pm
BorisKitten--

Feel free. I learned that verse at my mother's knee and she'd be delighted to know that her remembered wisdom was still being broadcast.

I just Googled the verse and found that L. Ron Hubbard considers it his favorite quote. Even so, I'm still not partial to Scientology.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 09:48 am
Up goes the saying tomorrow!

I won't be mentioning L. Ron Hubbard.... Laughing
0 Replies