Need some help for a friend

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 06:57 am
I'll try and keep this short. I have this friend. She is super sweet, always tries to help people, and is super forgiving.

The problem right now is this new roommate she got. She was desperate to get the rent paid, so she didn't do much of a back ground check. Big mistake, I know.

Well, this guy in his 50's or 60's has been terrorizing her ever since he moved in. The first week, he spent 10 minutes calling her a bitch, a ****, and a liar. He was mad at her for not acknowledging him every time he entered a room (she wears noise cancelling headphone because of anxiety). Ever since he has been verbally harassing her out of ear shot of everyone else. He keeps threatening to get her thrown out of her own house, that if she wasn't careful something could happen to her cat, he keeps moving her stuff, unplugging the wifi and leaving all the lights on, and he once told her if she didn't "start acting proper" she'd "get what was coming to her". He's 6ft and easily 200lbs. The other roommate is male, and he doesn't get treated like this at all. She's terrified to go to the police, and she can never get the evidence she needs. She's been holed up in her room when not at work or quickly grabbing food from the kitchen. She's trying to kick him out, but she's limited on what she can do because of how little money she has. What can she do? I've tried to help her, offered to spend nights with her, but she says that will just make it worse. It breaks my heart seeing her health decline like this. She's so scared, she cries everyday on the phone to me and I don't know how to help her.
I came here because I feel like you all would understand her plight and how awful this guy is being to her.
Any advice would be appreciated.

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 08:16 am
The guy sounds unhinged and probably is known in the community to the authorities.

How old is your friend? Get Adult Protective Services involved. She does not feel safe in her own home. This is unacceptable.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 08:42 am
Agreed. If he is doing this now, then there is a good chance that he has done it before.

Call the police. This is why they exist.
0 Replies