Junk food

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 01:38 pm
If I often eat Instant Noodle, like two days about 3 to 4 packs, can I get deseases? Or sick?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,168 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:29 pm
I doubt that you will get seriously ill unless you practice this eating style over a very long period of time.

There isn't a whole lot of nutrition in the instant noodle meals but there is a whole lot of sodium

Personally I would never go on a noodle binge as that, but find a way to incorporate it into a more balanced meal if you like the noodles.

I do know a lot of college students have eaten a lot of noodles over the years!
0 Replies

QuestionMark

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 10:15 pm
So the basic idea of getting illness if eating a lot of instant noodles is lack of nutrition or the chemical react???
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:26 am
What are you eating besides the noodles?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:42 am
The problem with many of the processed foods that are available today, is that they are loaded with salt. People get used to eating the stuff, and start to crave sodium.

Then they wonder why their blood pressure shoots up, and they develop swelling in the legs in middle age! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

QuestionMark

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:28 am
Besides that I do eat some rice with some vegetables and meat. But what if I eat instant noodles every single day? I wil get the illnesses on my middle age?
0 Replies

Arura

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:50 am
I sometimes throw away the bags of spicies or seasonings that comes with the noodle and make a vegetable soup to eat with the noodles. Give alot more vitamins and less chemicals.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:53 am
Try to avoid all processed food.

There is a programme over here called 'You are what you eat' showing people eating all natural foods, nothing processed and they lose LOADS of weight.

Its not a diet but a new way of eating for the rest of your life.You ll feel healthier too.

Processed food is dead and fake, you will gain very little from it other than feeling full.

Saying that I had a bowl of cornklakes for brekky which contains more salt than a packet of crips, oh, and a doughnut.
0 Replies

QuestionMark

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:58 pm
So thats mean any junk food or processed(packet) food is harmful to human body if often taken?
0 Replies

QuestionMark

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:36 pm
So any processes food or packet food is no good for human body if taken often right?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:02 pm
Question Mark--

A lot of the results aren't in.

Junk food tastes "good"--but is remarkably low on vitamins and minerals.
Usually it tastes "good" because of extra salt and artificial flavors.

Generalizing about an entire genre of combustables is dangerous, but most junk food has a shelf life of a year or more.

When you're eating junk food, you're eating "empty" calories--and you're ingesting artificial colors and flavoring and preservatives. None of the additives harm lab rats for a month or so--but we're now talking about people eating this stuff from toddler-time to.....retirement age? Beyond?

Quote:
So any processes food or packet food is no good for human body if taken often right?

Junk food is not good for you in the short term and in the long term may well cause unexpected damage.
0 Replies

stuart William

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 01:03 am
you know that these junk food contains high amount of saturated fat. Taking too much of this type of fat is not suitable for humans. According to a weight loss site "One fast food meal may have more than 50 per cent of your daily fat allowance and almost 100 per cent of your daily saturated fat allowance". Shocked

Although we require on average one spoon salt a day but these junk food includes high amount salts and sodium which can increase the blood pressure and resulted in heart attack. They also have little fibre. Sad

But we are living in a society where we require food as we get hungry Arrow because there are lots of option available in the market. So we have to accept one thing that it is difficult to leave junk food completely. But what we can do is that we can make a weekly time table in which it should be mentioned that "how many times in a week you take junk food." Idea
0 Replies

QuestionMark

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:37 am
I usually eat instant noodle and junk food three times in a week , and I think its ok right? And one more thing, my skin is so dry, even now I drink so much water, it also looks and feel dry, the wound on my skin get heal slow, why? Its related to food?
0 Replies