Easy Way To Learn Languages??

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 12:19 pm
We've all seen the tapes which claim that you can learn a foreign language by playing the tape while you sleep. However, I want to know if this works??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 6
No top replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 12:43 pm
And on another point, has anyone ever taught themselves a language using a Teach Yourself "Whatever Language" Book?
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:03 am
>>>while you're sleeping<<< Hmmmnnn, do I detect some laziness in that question? Laughing

But seriously, Brim, I personally could NEVER use anything that was buzzing away in my ear while I was trying to sleep, though yes, I have taught myself a for. language (Spanish 1) using a high-school text (while I was wide-awake :wink: ). I made sure to get the cassettes, too, as I was not just interested in reading Spanish, but in speaking it as well.

Do be aware that truly mastering a language (not just reading it) involves LOSSA practice! But it's not drudgery, it's fun (at least I always thought so).

Good luck with it!
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:51 pm
Thankz diagknowz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:36 pm
"while you sleep" is not ever the primary way anyone learns languages, if anything it would just supplement it.

But yes, you can teach yourself languages. I am doing so with Japanese at the moment.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:54 pm
I'm thinking about teaching myself Italian and using that program that is always being sold in kiosks at malls. It actually looks good. Problem is, I studied French for years and years, but I really want to know Italian. I wonder if that's impractical. Anyway Craven how are you teaching yourself Japanese?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:16 pm
I am using books, dictionaries and audio books (i.e. "Learn Japanese in your Car").
0 Replies