Paracetamol

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 03:24 am
I get headaches or am worried of spending a day with a headache so as soon as I get a twinge in the morning I take the recomended dose in tablets.

Ive taken one dose a day for about 2 months(i dont like taking tablets so I will never/rarely take more than 1 dose a day)
Yesterday I didnt take a dose and felt very woosey and light headed.
I di take a dose this morning (as I felt I had a headache)and feel woosey again.

Ive heard too much paracetamol can damage the liver.

Do you think its the tablets making me woosey and am I taking too much, is it effecting my liver?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 781 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 04:22 am
this is not the best place for medical advice, so talk to your doctor about it...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 04:35 am
Ok, but why is there a medical/health section?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 06:11 am
material girl wrote:
Ok, but why is there a medical/health section?

So that people can discuss medical issues and news and offer support, but not to offer medical advice. Your physician is the only and best person to give you real medical advice that you can use. You really want members here to vote on whether a cancer patient should have chemo or surgery? I realize that's an extreme example but I take it you get the idea.

See: http://www.able2know.com/disclaimer.php#3d
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:59 am
Course I get the idea, I was only asking for opinions or experienced stories on the same line.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:15 am
Just a couple of warnings that you may or may not be aware of:

Don't use paracetamol (acetominophen in the U.S.) if you've consumed alcohol in the previous day or two (NO TYLENOL/PARACETAMOL/ACETOMINOPHEN FOR HANGOVERS, kids).

Don't use paracetamol if you are fasting (e.g., if you have an eating disorder).

The toxic dose of paracetamol is not that much greater than the effective dose, and impaired liver function can make it a dangerous drug, even at recommended doses.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:19 am
Thanks for the info.
0 Replies