Fallen out of love in marriage

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 08:26 pm
i married my hubby over 5 years ago and it
wasnt until i was under the same roof w/ him
that he got emotionally and verbally abusive.

after that, it got physical.

we went to counseling but he was defensive
so i stopped going.

then he took $14,000 out of our account
and gambled it away w/out me knowing.

i am not in love anymore. how could
he love me when he did all that to me?
how could he expect me to love him?

now recently a man and i have a
mutual attraction, but nothing has
happened.

any advice?

i do need the financial stability
my husband give me but i am
not in love anymore.

he hasnt hit me since i called the
cops a year ago and he was arrested.
i think he is scared now.

sometimes he verbally makes jokes
that are inappropriate towards me
that hurts me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dora17

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:16 pm
Re: Fallen out of love in marriage
dreamingdreams wrote:
how could
he love me when he did all that to me?

This is not love. This is not love. This is not love. Don't let this continue, PLEASE. whoever you are, you shouldn't let this happen to you and you deserve better. From what you've written, you're right to have fallen out of love with him. There are people on this site that know a lot more than I do about domestic abuse situations, and they'll have better advice, but i do know that a man that has hit you even once is not someone to spend your life with.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 02:46 am
Take my advice with a pinch of salt - because i don;t know whether I'm doing the right thing.
Just want you to know that you are not alone. My husband is abusive too - though he would never do anything like spending a lot of money without telling me. (Even if it were his own).

If you feel like leaving him, just leave. (I don;t think you should stay in this marriage just for the financial security). Does he plead you to stay with him when you try to leave? Most abusive people do. Preferably, you should leave when he is not at home. Go somewhere safe.

But if you dont want to/cannot leave him then maybe you should try speaking to him and tell him he has a problem. Maybe, just maybe you can help him. (But most people tell me the chances are remote..).

Good luck.
0 Replies