Oh, this is rich, if you're an oil executive that is.

RfromP

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 06:29 pm
U.S. Gas Prices Continue to Fall

CAMARILLO, Calif. (AP) - The average gasoline price nationwide for all grades dropped less than 2 cents in three weeks, continuing a slide in pump prices that began in April, an industry analyst said Sunday.

Is there an emotion where it's possible to laugh, cry and feel like smacking an "industry analyst" in the mouth all at the same time because that is exactly how I felt after reading this. Gee whiz golly gosh wow! A whole less than two cents in three weeks! I'm feeling like Jed Clampett already! I'm calling Mr. Drysdale right now and have him send over the money I'm saving to buy me a new ce-ment pond! Yee Haw!

Recently, a local gas station in order to draw in customers had a "sale" on gasoline. I can't remember exactly how much lower the price was but there were vehicles lined up so far that the police had to block off roads and re-route traffic. The "sale" couldn't have been more than 10 cents lower than normal prices (in fact, I think it was only 5 - 7 cents less) so I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

Let's say an average fill up is 20 gallons, some tanks hold more but let's allow for gas already in the tank and not everyone pulling into the pumps at below the slash E. O.k., 20 gal a fill up at 10 cents cheaper comes to a savings of $2.00 dollars. O.k., fine, two bucks is two bucks that's not spent on gas. But what about the extra distance gone to get to the station with the lower price and the time spent in line waiting for your turn to pump. Not to mention the aggravation of moving your vehicle 8 feet every five minutes for the next 40 because of the line ahead of you.

It seems to me that you would come out in the red and not the black after this ordeal.

Unless you're filling up your big rig, don't waste your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 576 • Replies: 0
No top replies