First boyfriend dilemnas!

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 08:06 am
im 15, and still going out with my 1st boyfriend, everythings great. Im not his first girlfriend, so im not sure he remembers how it feels to go out with someone for the first time. I have a problem, whenever i sense something could go wrong, i fear being rejected, and i tend to feel really insecure, although i know he thinks i dont like him as much as he likes me. Its really confusing for me because i want to be myself, and i guess im just realisin how to be comfortable just being myself, which is really strange. I know he would like me as i am just being myself, but when i feel insecure i tend to do the opposite, and go completely inwards, which makes me feel even more uncomfortable. Basically i feel like i want to reject before i become the reject. I dont want to stay like this, is it normal to feel like this when going out with the first boyfriend ever? And what can i do to make myself more comfortable, and relax, and just be myself? Also i was wondering, when you go out with someone, when do you usually feel like you've fallen in love, does it happen right from the beginning?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 686 • Replies: 3
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:03 am
Re: First boyfriend dilemnas!
princessmirabella wrote:
whenever i sense something could go wrong, i fear being rejected, and i tend to feel really insecure

This says to me that your fear of rejection, isn't as much about a lack of self-esteem in yourself........but more about your fear of losing him. Of being alone. Perhaps coupled with a lil bit of insecurity concerning you and how you feel about youself.

In our lives, we are all rejected, one time or another. It's just another one of life's little "pains" that can be a lesson for growth.

And when you think about it - rejection doesn't need to be taken personally. Not everyone can fall in love with us Smile . Nor can we fall in love with everyone. Imagine the chaos that would create!

Let yourself know that it's ok to be rejected. If that rejection is from someone we love - the pain might hang around for awhile. But we, as humans have a knack for picking ourselves up and moving forward.

Allow pain to give you "gain." If something were to happen and you and your boyfriend broke up ..... not all would be lost. You would end up wiser and with a little bit more experience for the next relationship.

Enjoy today ..... and try to not worry about tomorrow. Always remember that you are unique and special. There is only one of you in this world.

As far as how long does it take to fall in love. Each person is a little different. I, personally, am a person that has alot of love inside of me. I almost instantly feel that love - even for strangers that I meet. But that's a different kind of love. One born of caring.

The love I give to a man starts from that seed of caring and evolves into something else. I have never been "in love" with a man from the beginning. That takes time sweetheart.

Although at your age - it can be hard to distinguish. All I can say is give it time. You are young and you probably will have many boyfriends before you find the right one.

Enjoy this time in your life. Truely have fun with it. And try not to let it worry you so much. Smile
0 Replies

princessmirabella

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:05 am
thanks, u've made me feel a lot better! Very Happy
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:26 am
princessmirabella wrote:
thanks, u've made me feel a lot better! Very Happy

Awesome! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif
0 Replies