10 Downing Street Memo text?

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:55 am
My problem is I haven't been able to find the full text of it, although the Boston Globe printed either section or a quote from it. I'm more than a little upset that the news outlets have not covered the memo that Tony Blair received from the former head of the M2 (British Secret Service) suggesting the U.S. was tweaking intelligence to build a case for a war/invasion of Iraq. I only read about it on the media wires--a few outlets including U.S. Today saying they how didn't run the story because they couldn't verify it, et al. It was a little too much Shakespeare--the lady doth protest too much for me--like when Time and Newsweek pulled the Jennifer Fitzgerald stories, but I digress; back to 10 Downing Street.
This week Colin Powell was on The Daily Show--not a news outlet but now part of the spin circuit none the less, casually mentioning the memo on his answering Jon Stewart about the vast amount of intelligence they had to go through, and how decisions were made on the intelligence that they had at the time. etc. I think I would just like to see the full text myself and get a sense of what was said or reported to Mr. Blair--rather than all this filter static through the media. If anyone could provide a link, that would be wonderful. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 960 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
Here we go:

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=426&row=0
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:12 am
Thanks so much sozobe!
: )
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:18 am
Thanks so much sozobe!
: )
0 Replies

owl

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:16 am
Another one

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,19809-1593637,00.html
0 Replies

owl

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 08:06 pm
The bigger issue here is why are the Bush people so blind. The answer to this is a liberal establishment that has created a deep persistent anger in all the conservatives in this country.

The issues of school prayer, abortion, placement of the ten commandments etc. have generated a enduring wrath. It makes me wonder if the conservatives themselves were behind these issues so they could benefit from the present backlash.
0 Replies