Okay extra, let me ask you this: Let's assume you
have made the connection and proved that member A
and member B are one person. When confronted in private,
"both" admitted to it. So what are you doing with this
information?

um, I didn't get that far yet...?

Didn't plan that part out yet. Geez
______

Well, perhaps for example if I found out you and Constitutional Girl were the same....oh, nevermind.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:29 pm
E.M.:-

Eat,drink and be merry for tomorrow you can go to the bog,empty it all out and start again.Is that any good?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:33 pm
Okay, fine--

you are all different.

Every single last one of you.

Exuuuuussssssssse me for askin! Twisted Evil

Now I feel even more paranoid--starting to sound like a bunch of Scientologists around here

I apologize. I'll never speak of this again. Cool

___

Does anyone have a glass of wine? Razz
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:38 pm
I have a couple actually but at this moment they are in the initial stages of their journey to the lower altitudes and it will probably take a while to chill them to your satisfaction.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:41 pm
You know me better than that.

Don't bother with the glasses--just give me that warm bottle right there. And please don't expect it back. I'll get you on the return trip. It was said Poe and Jack London too liked to drink straight from the bottle. I don't see how I deserve any better than that.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:16 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Now, I don't want to torment you, although the thought
of it, does derive some pleasure. If you really want to
find out then study their semantic, their grammatical
habits/mistakes, their posting times and so on.

If you find more correlations as differences then
you could probably have the same person in front of you.

Is it really worth it? Nah!

greetings
LionTamerX

Hallo CJ.

EM,
have you ever noticed the Jeckyll/Hyde-like tendencies of some posters ?
Like sometimes (let's call them)" DoctorBoogie" posts things that make total sense, and other times he posts things that sound like the idiotic ramblings of a boozed redneck ?

What factors might be at work there ?

What do you think ?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:55 pm
He might be an idiotic rambling boozed up redneck who sometimes says what he thinks and other times copies thing out of periodicals.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:07 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Now, I don't want to torment you, although the thought
of it, does derive some pleasure. If you really want to
find out then study their semantic, their grammatical
habits/mistakes, their posting times and so on.

If you find more correlations as differences then
you could probably have the same person in front of you.

Is it really worth it? Nah!

greetings
LionTamerX

Hallo CJ.

EM,
have you ever noticed the Jeckyll/Hyde-like tendencies of some posters ?
Like sometimes (let's call them)" DoctorBoogie" posts things that make total sense, and other times he posts things that sound like the idiotic ramblings of a boozed redneck ?

What factors might be at work there ?

What do you think ?

I must agree with Spendius on this one.

Periodicals and booze and those thin books from the graduate library that no one actually reads (and probably some "medicines" too).

Bad combination.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:07 pm
EM: I've got a steadily diminishing supply of Bud (Light--sorry).
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:09 pm
eeuuuwww.

Well, it better be damned cold at least, but thank you.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:17 pm
I'm now down to two (not counting the one I just opened--I don't know how many there were three hours ago, but the the bottom shelf of my refrigerator door was pretty close to full). Yes, it's cold. However, unless I decide to stagger the six blocks to the super market for more beer (it would be irresponible of me to drive at this point), I'll have to start in on the spirits resting on my pantry shelf. WAIT! I just remembered (and ran to the kitchen to verify) I've got a can of Guiness hiding in the back of the Fridge. YES!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:53 pm
I'm late, but I'll add my two cents. I suppose it would be fun to just take their word for it and enjoy. However, if you often find yourself feeling that the two are actually quite similar in style and you can't tell if one is imitating the other or that one is trying to change his style and sometimes you think you see a mistake of style, (one's style submitted under the other's moniker), and in addition it seems they're having a lot of fun arguing with each other or with himself then it's hard to believe.

So I suggest we all just suspend disbelief and have fun with both of them. They are fun after all, even if one is more fun than the other.

Spendius, are you grumpy about something?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:21 am
Lola:-

Why would I be grumpy?What has caused you to even think that?What is it I do that gives people these false impressions they get?Is America a place where false impresions can be kept in drawers and then one brought out to be displayed as an icon of some superior personal quality whenever an excuse can be found for doing so?

I'm a bucolic cavalier.If the Gov't spends a load of time and money and produces a thick report that concludes that LHO did the dirty deed in Dallas then I believe them.It doesn't make any sense to me not to.I don't care anyway.It's all water past the mill wheel.

I know one thing though.The person you insist is confounded with myself would never think for 15 minutes to get an example for the last paragraph and choose the one I have for technical literary reasons.He would not stop that long.He gushes.It might have been UFO's or the Bermuda Triangle or faked moon landings or whatever else first came to mind which gave him an excuse to blather about his travels,his bank balance,his prowess in the sack,etbloodycetera.He wouldn't have the patience to wait for a "did the dirty deed in Dallas" which is not only a bit cute but also doesn't underestimate his readers which I would never dream of doing.

Can you really not see the difference?You're having me on!Surely the American educational system has not failed you to that extent.I find that hard to believe.There must be some other explanation.Perhaps you have another false impression;that all posts are composed at the speed you read them.Well-I have been accused of arrogance more than once but I'm not that arrogant.Not by light years.

Gee!Just imagine not being able to see the difference between Flaubert and Mr Archer,the well known con man extraordinaire,simply because one has read them at the same speed.

There's a photograph of an American general,with nearly as many medals on his chest as those Soviet generals used to have,pinned up on the wall of the Officer' Mess in Basra.Underneath is written-
"THIS IS THE ENEMY-STUPID! I haven't seen it myself but I've been told about it.

I suppose I could be rendered grumpy though.If I was traipsing around in Thailand say or if I was on the nth floor of a hotel in Seattle watching some lady with an axe to grind over something or other
handing out flyers.That's why I never go anywhere.All the places to go make me grumpy.

But when all is said and done and at the end of the day it is a free world and you can think anything you like,it's been fought and died for after all,and it makes no difference to me.And even though my alleged doppleganger is a knuckle or two short of a bunch of fives I wouldn't imagine it makes much more difference to him either.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:46 am
As ehBeth says, this was a major sport at Abuzz. Really not that hard.

(Leading question for EM deleted. :-))
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 04:29 pm
Professor Spendius,

Whilst I feel you may be accused of once again exacerbating the points of disagreement we share, I have to sympathise with your findings as noted above.

What on earth makes our colonial friends consider we are one and the same?

Perhaps it is an American trait?

It is well known they are suspicious of everything not stamped 'made in the USA.'

The 'Reds are after us way of reasoning is upon them?

That could be bad; Santa Claus wears a red suit,
Must be a communist!

It has been going on for months now. Tell you what Professor Spendius.

Think of a number between one and ten and print it here now!

{Prof. Spendius replies 11}

No your wrong Professor Spendius, so we cannot possibly be one and the same.

It is a good move you made EM following my request, I admire the same in your logic, as has been amply expressed.

It's ok Prof, we still got em fooled.
You owe me a pint.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:01 pm
I've had more than that at the moment so I will defer consideration of your post until the morrow.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:18 pm
Bloody drunkard !
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:37 pm
Quote:
Lola:-

Why would I be grumpy?What has caused you to even think that?

See if you can guess. Would it be your tone of voice? Let me see, what else..................

you don't seem to be having much fun, as I know you can ........... ummm,

let's see.....

the fact that when I read what you write lately I feel I've just been slapped. Of course my feelings are not the sole proof of your alleged ill temper, but taken together with the rest, I feel I must pay attention and wonder if I feel annoyed with you because you are being a bit rude. Just a few, dear spendi......

can you think of more?
Maybe you're not feeling well. Maybe you have a headache.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 07:16 am
Alright my luffelee leetle spweeng cheekin,

It's you going away and leaving me at the mercy of these other ladies who have been flirting with me.There has opened up in recent weeks a gulf between us caused by a trite variation of the oldest trick in the book which is as you know hiding behind a bush and making little squeaking noises occasionally.This doesn't make me grumpy as much as it makes me sad.To think of all the time being lost,never to be replaced,and all for what?An article nobody will ever read properly and riding around the west coast so bored you end up going on a bloody monorail to a Hendrix feeding frenzy and gazing pensively out of a hotel window at Desolation Row.And paying through the nose to do it.

And all the time you could have been sat in your cosy little eyrie in Manhattan,the epi-centre of the Faustian project,wriggling your toes with delight at our gay repartee whilst a Major General, no less,attends to your domestic arrangements with all the skills he has been so assiduously trained to deploy.

Perhaps that is why you feel annoyed.That about my being "rude" is just made up.When have I ever been rude to you.Show me the place.Even the thought of it now on this Sunday afternoon within our green (ish) sceptred isle makes me blush for my forebears.When I first landed on Craven's cyber-shore,you,dear Lola,gave me the wink first.
Would a veteran of many landings forget a thing like that.Every man remembers the first young lady who first gave him the wink.Some with regret,but regrets aside there's a soft spot remains forever chiselled into his heart.And so it is with my heart.I have so many soft spots in my heart that they are beginning to merge into one large soft spot for the whole bunch of devious little monkeys we call womankind.Faustian womankind I mean.

I don't have a headache either.Someone with a headache could not have written the above;nor could someone grumpy.

As I believe honesty to be important I have to confess that in your prolonged absence I did wander down to the other end of the pub and played pool with some of the other girls and though I know it's a bit silly I have found it much more entertaining than sitting here drumming my fingers on the desk whilst you are on a seemingly endless trans-continent flight crushed into a tin tube with a load of smelly strangers going further and further away with every gallon of kerosene being burned.

Should I have been more patient?
0 Replies