Now this was out of the ordinary

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 04:46 pm
I live in Europe and I study here, have done so for a few years. So recently I decided to take part in an experiment on campus, like I have done many times before, just like all psych departments seem to do, using their own students as test subjects. We're cheap I guess!

So I came to the test lab, and I went inside and saw this woman and thought wow, pretty and assumed her to be native to where I live. Eventually, when I heard her speak it was obvious she was not, she was American. Either way, I was definitely interested in her and it seemed to be mutual. No opportunity to speak to her though but I knew the next session would be later that week. but through that day and the next I knew I had to learn more about her, I kept thinking about her, someone I barely know! That was weird.

So I came back today and I don't want to assume too much here, but we were flirting a bit, or so it seemed to me. So I got the chance to speak to her afterwards and ended up talking to her for an hour and a half after the session. Talked about very deep personal things, spirituality and view of life et c. We had very much in common. It was one of those talks you don't want to end, neither of you, so you just grab new topics when the ones you are talking about are exhausted. Felt like I had a connection to this person I barely knew. We exchanged email addresses and I promised to write back on some of her academic writing and she said I was welcome to contact her for future stuff to work on together, I don't know if there was the hint of something else there, I'm not assuming it. We had to part eventually, I had other committments and she had to grab some dinner.

She is a very smart, educated, and sympathetic person who I would like to get to know more. It's the irony of life that she is from the other side of the Atlanic Ocean and leaves very soon!

I just wanted to share the story with you guys. It proves there are moments and people like these. You never know who you will meet next day and what difference they will make to your life! And then you swear about reality for being a b****! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 780 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 06:23 pm
My uncle met a woman when he was in France during WWII. They had an instant connection and started spending time together. When he had to leave they exchanged addresses so they could write each other. After corresponding for three years they got married and she moved to the US. You never know where things may go - and today it is even easier with email.
0 Replies

dexterman

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 03:07 am
Yeah, perhaps. That was quite a romantic story I must say. I'm not sure it happens today still. People were more patient back then.

I'll try and spend some time with her while she is still here and then stay in touch by email. Too bad I am swamped with work the next few days.

Thing is, she lives close to my friends over there, just two hours by car so meeting up while I'm there visiting them isn't an impossibility either.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 03:39 am
Grab every chance you get.How often do we meet people we really click with.I hope all works out well.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:17 am
Well, dexterman, it can happen today. This sounds a little like my now husband and I (although we were from the same country, but on opposite sides of it). We met toward the end of my vacation and toward the beginning of his. We talked all night and met up the following evening and talked more. Then the next day I had a return flight.

We kept in touch, talking on the phone, emailing (email is wonderful) and even snail mail. We visited each other several times and he moved across country to be with me. We have been married for 8 years, with two children.

I also know a similar story like Green Witch where an old beau's parents met when he was in Europe in WWII. He was injured and she was a nurse and took care of him. Voila they got married and moved to the US.
0 Replies

dexterman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:18 am
Nice story! I'll be cool and see what happens. Smile
0 Replies