My cartoon and comic creativity help thread

izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 02:55 am
@JGoldman10,
That is a lie. The very opposite of what is going on. The only militant groups seeking to impose a lifestyle on people are religious ones, and they've been doing it for a very long time.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 05:36 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

To be fair, how come you never hear of any Caucasian Captains Ethnic with "White" in their names, aside from the villain White Shadow from Minoriteam?

Would most White people be offended by this?

Minoriteam is a parody which makes White Shadow intentionally stupid, absurd, and racist. FFS! That's the purpose of the character and archetype.

Would most white people be offended by this? I doubt it. Weird that you capitalize a nonproper noun like this.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 05:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What is your problem with LGBT people? They're not hurting you, and there is no agenda other than accepting people for what they are.

With JGoldman10? A high degree of undereducation mixed with brain washing from family and church. And very likely an inability to empathize with other humans.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 05:55 am
@tsarstepan,
That would explain the lack of empathy and general bigotry, but not the obsession, not why he keeps having to bring it up.

Most homophobic religious bigots tend to avoid the subject altogether, but not Mr Goldman, he keeps bringing it up.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 06:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Here's one idea I want help with....
I am open to suggestions. Please help- thank you...

It doesn't seem to me you're serious about your craft. You spend more time arguing about a name than anything else. Build the character, the name will come.

If you actually think you have talent, try this:

http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/MFC/250/Challenge.htm?fbclid=IwAR10CG4avClyVKohSFAphkD7p8vN6WpvhFtnH1Fbv_om6Kt5dEX5DFMHUIw

The 250-word Microfiction Challenge kicks off this Friday and registration closes soon! The competition challenges writers around the world to create very short stories (250 words max.) based on genre, action, and word assignments in 24 hours. In the 1st Round kicking off at 11:59PM EDT this Friday, October 4th, writers are placed randomly in heats and are assigned a genre, action, and word assignment. Writers have 24 hours to craft an original 250-word story (maximum) in their assigned genre, with the assigned action taking place, and incorporating the assigned word. The judges choose a top 10 in each heat to advance to the 2nd Round (November 22-23, 2019) where writers receive new assignments and again have 24 hours to craft original stories. Judges select the top 5 writers in each heat from the 2nd Round to advance to the Final Round of the competition taking place January 10-11, 2020 where writers will receive their final assignment of the competition. Feedback from the judges is provided for every submission and there are thousands in cash and prizes for the winners. Sound like fun? Learn more and register at https://bit.ly/2lKEDXW. Space is limited. Good luck writers!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 06:17 am
@neptuneblue,
It's also US$25 to enter. Seems a bit gimmicky. And the deadline was yesterday. Wrimo is quite good, that's write a 70,000 word novel in a month, and it's free. Jespah has done it.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
My writing isn't up to par with that.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 07:06 am
@neptuneblue,
Really? Don't be so hard on yourself.

250 words is very short, not even short story standard, it's more the length of a joke or anecdote.

70,0000 words is very short for a novel, but it's a lot to put out in a month.

I couldn't do it, I take way too long.

I've currently got Stephen King's problem, endings. I've got to write the last scene for my panto parody.

I do what I always do spend ages thinking about it only to knock it off in half an hour. I tend to work in short bursts with agonising waits in between.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 07:12 am
@izzythepush,
NaNoWrimo - 50k words in November. Doing it again this year; it's a blast. I believe edgar is doing it as well. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 07:16 am
@jespah,
Sorry I got it wrong. That's still a lot for 30 days.
jespah

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 08:37 am
@izzythepush,
It sure is. This is the year where I'm a touch concerned I might not make it, as I'm busier than ever and right now have less of an outline than I'd like.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 09:29 am
@neptuneblue,
What "argument"? I figured out what to name my character, thank you.

It would be nice if I had other BLACK folks helping me with this.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 09:38 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm not white. Do I have a say?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 09:52 am
@Rebelofnj,
Are you African American?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 09:56 am
@neptuneblue,
Thank you for posting a link to info about that competition.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Out of privacy concerns, I prefer not to say what exact race and ethnicity I am.

I think I did tell you my race before, and I think there is enough contextual clues in my postings here and on Yahoo Answers to tell you my race.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:12 am
@Rebelofnj,
You could have just PMed me to tell me what your ethnicity is.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:14 am
@JGoldman10,
I rather not. My race is not important to your project.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
But if we are talking about BLACK HAIR I would rather discuss that with another BLACK person.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:40 am
Snood is African American. I'll PM him to ask him for help with this thread.

I remember Izzy telling me about him in another thread.