Fathers day gift ideas?

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:03 pm
Last fathers day, I wasnt able to do alot . I had just had my stroke and was still recovering.
Being it was his first fathers day, I felt pretty bad. I found him a very nice card and with alot of work , Laughing , got Beans hand print in it.
He loved that.

This fathers day, I want to do something nice..
but have no ideas...!!!

I have given him the typical daddy gifts already..
The hand print in plaster, The great picture in a nice frame, had Bean 'color' a love letter to him...

>sigh<
Im drawing a blank now...?
He has to be the greatest dad I know! Bean is truly lucky to have him. Im lucky to be able to see them together. He is her jungle gym, her music box, and her running buddy. These two are inseperable..
So how do you put THAT in a gift? :-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 934 • Replies: 7
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:27 pm
This is the time of year I get a new watch
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:47 pm
Re: Fathers day gift ideas?
shewolfnm wrote:
He is her jungle gym, her music box, and her running buddy. These two are inseperable..

Those are great words, make more of 'em. I think it was around Bean's age I had sozlet do watercolors. Get some nice watercolor paper and some good watercolors, if you don't already have them. Use an ice cube tray or something to mix up some well-diluted watercolors. Tape down the watercolor paper to wood, with masking tape -- do this carefully, leaving the same distance from the edge all around (for example 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch.) Then carefully wet the whole paper with a wide brush (wide brusg isn't necessary, main point is for it to be even.)

Then let Bean go wild painting the paper.

When she's finished, hand-letter a poem to him on it and frame it. You can work backwards, too -- find a good frame first, then size the paper to fit the frame.

My hubby's always like mushy stuff like that better than stuff-stuff. (Though we're getting him aftershave this year, partly ironic, partly because he really wants it. He tried some from a sampler and had us sniff his wrists, we both approved, but they didn't have any in stock. So he got some Old Spice. :-? Not a particular fan of Old Spice.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 04:51 pm
We are gluing beans, pasta and yard debris to a small cardboard box. It's pretty cool.

One year I bought some blank needlepoint stuff (that has the big squares) some yarn and one of those big dull plastic needles and Mo sewed a thing. It was a gorgeous, goofy thing that was very easy and fun for him to make.

Do you guys call her Bean or is that just her online moniker?

If you call her bean it might be fun to make a "living necklace". You take a plastic film can and put a little eyelet bolt thing in the lid to put the string through. Put a dried bean wrapped in a water soaked cotten ball in, close it up and wait about a week for the bean to sprout.

He could wear his bean necklace and then when the bean sprouted you could put it in a pot for him to keep on his desk.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:32 pm
You and Mo are making a Fathers' Day gift for your husband, boomer? The same guy who just said you're not really a mother?! Wow, that's really big of you. I don't know if I could be that generous, but good for you!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 06:58 am
I certainly see your point, Eva!

The thing is, I really do think it is important for a child to make and give gifts. I think it teaches them a lot about generosity and respect.

It wouldn't really be fair for me to punish Mo because Mr. B was a jerk. This isn't about me and Mr. B - it's about Mo and Mr. B.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 07:17 am
My dad wants sport socks.Sorted.
I may spoil him with a packet of Fox's glacier mints too.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 07:31 am
boomerang wrote:

It wouldn't really be fair for me to punish Mo because Mr. B was a jerk. This isn't about me and Mr. B - it's about Mo and Mr. B.

you truly are an amazing woman Boom. Cool

And yes, we do call her Bean. When I was pregnant, I would use the sizes of certain beans to explain to Mr Wolf how she was growing and what size she was.... after a while, when he came home, he would ask " How is the pinto/garbanzo bean doing today?" Laughing
And it stuck. We named her Jillian, and of course, he broke her name down to Jilly-bean as a nick name. :-)

I absolutly love the watercolor idea Soz! I DO have tons of water color stuff. And taping down is how I get her to 'color' as well. She has the big fat crayons and we sit down with those and some paper taped to a piece of foam and she scratches and pounds the crayons on that. The watercolor would be a great idea. I would just put it on her hands, and some brushes and let her go to town!!
Mr Wolf loves the mushy stuff as well. This would be perfect.
I could write something on top of it like... :

Daddy

You are my favorite toy
You are my protector
You are my music box
You are my provider
You are my best friend
You are my security

Thank you for being my daddy.

and then , see if I can get her to 'write her name' on the bottom... :-)
I can re-think the words, maybe come up with something a little more poetic.. but you get the idea.

thanks soz. That is just perfect!

I remember when Mr Wolf bought some of that old spice junk..
ug. I thought it stunk! I am not a fan of that either.
There is this aftershave that Mr Wolf uses now that I just love.
I believe the brand is Jasons.. ? It is 8-in-1 lotion, skin conditioner, cologne.. and WOW.. it smells great. And he has no more shave bumps when he uses it either. He says it makes shaving alot easier as well . Apparently it lubricates the hair shaft so that when he shaves, he doesnt get a pull from the blade.
0 Replies