AWB Ends, Homicide Rate Drops

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:43 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
If handguns were banned entirely, I wonder if the number of homicides committed with kitchen knives would go up?

At least the victim would have a chance of seeing the attacker and fighting back Laughing

Give the victim a gun and he/she can fight back also .... even a grandmother who might otherwise have difficulty wielding a kitchen knife in self-defense.

and possibly shoot 2 or 3 of the grandkids in the process!

That's why they should hit the range every now and again ... to keep those motor skills sharp. :wink:

Tico, you are going in circles on your own words. You said, "If handguns were banned entirely, I wonder if the number of homicides committed with kitchen knives would go up?" Then, you are arming grandmothers with guns to fight back against the knife wielding thugs. Then, you have them out at the range instead of in the kitchen baking cookies for the grandkids that she, hopefully, did not shoot accidently.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:06 pm
Gun control means shooting a nice, tight group.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:32 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Tico, you are going in circles on your own words. You said, "If handguns were banned entirely, I wonder if the number of homicides committed with kitchen knives would go up?" Then, you are arming grandmothers with guns to fight back against the knife wielding thugs. Then, you have them out at the range instead of in the kitchen baking cookies for the grandkids that she, hopefully, did not shoot accidently.

Just try to keep up if you can, Grasshopper.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:01 pm
cjhsa wrote:
From what I see, it appears the homicide rate peaked right around 1994, when the AWB was implemented.

That observation would seem like fodder to your opponents. Let me get this right: the homocide rate was at its highest around the time the AWB was implemented, and it's fallen ever since it was? According to your logic, that would suggest that the ban has had a positive effect, no - as soon as it was implemented, the homocide rate started dropping.

Like Joe pointed out, there's actually likely to be several different reasons for that, but it's in any case funny to see you yourself point out the very stat that would appear to argue against your claim!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:04 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Just try to keep up if you can, Grasshopper.

Is not hard to do, Master Tico.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:29 pm
nimh wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
From what I see, it appears the homicide rate peaked right around 1994, when the AWB was implemented.

That observation would seem like fodder to your opponents. Let me get this right: the homocide rate was at its highest around the time the AWB was implemented, and it's fallen ever since it was? According to your logic, that would suggest that the ban has had a positive effect, no - as soon as it was implemented, the homocide rate started dropping.

Like Joe pointed out, there's actually likely to be several different reasons for that, but it's in any case funny to see you yourself point out the very stat that would appear to argue against your claim!

I'm not stupid nimh, I know exactly what I said. I give them fodder because they need it.

There were many factors involved in that reduction of gun related homicide, and my contention is that the AWB had little or nothing to do with it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:30 pm
Intrepid, are you struggling to find your identity?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:31 pm
cjhsa wrote:
nimh wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

I'm not stupid nimh, I know exactly what I said. I give them fodder because they need it.

There were many factors involved in that reduction of gun related homicide, and my contention is that the AWB had little or nothing to do with it.

You can swing around to a comeback in a hurry. Gotta give you that. You can save your fodder, we can do quite nicely without it...thank you
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:39 pm
Just go back to your charts and see what I'm talking about. Tell me how the AWB affected those numbers.
0 Replies