Are we allowed to start threads and/or make posts about video game emulation and torrenting?

JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Those were two incidents that happened 2 and 3 decades ago.

He has not been involved in any other scandals since then.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What does any of this have to do with the topic question?
Rebelofnj

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
For the record, I stated that this discussion had veered off topic hours ago, but you continued with the religious talk. Plus, I was not the one who brought up religion the first time in this thread.
0 Replies

mesquite

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
Its one thing to have a moral lapse, but it is quite another to openly be bashing your competition in the Televangelism marketplace while you yourself are wallowing in the gutter. That demonstrates their true character. You should be praying for those who send their hard earned cash to these shysters.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Honestly, that is the Bible I have in my family home. Previously, I never checked if it mattered what version I used.

Protestant Bibles are missing large sections of the original Bible.

And the King James translation is based on 400-year-old scholarship. Since then, our scholarly understanding of ancient Greek has improved dramatically, and our access to original unaltered copies of the original Greek Bible has improved dramatically.

Compared to a modern scholarly translation, the King James Version is an inaccurate translation of an inaccurate source document.

Probably the best English translation for Catholics these days is the Revised Standard Version - Second Catholic Edition.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Standard_Version_Catholic_Edition#RSV_Second_Catholic_Edition_(RSV-2CE)
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Nonsense. God forgets about your sins after you confess them. He throws them into a sea of forgetfulness (Micah 7:19).

I hope not. There should be genuine repentance and a requirement that the sinner try their best to make restitution to their victims in order for someone to be forgiven.
0 Replies

mesquite

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
The topic question was answered long ago.
https://able2know.org/topic/532692-2#post-6903966
JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 06:37 pm
@mesquite,
I took Jespah's advice, thank you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 10:31 pm
Protestants are weird.
If they all follow the same bible and song the same hymns and believe in God and Jesus and being good and following the 10 commandments then how is it that they run about claiming they have the real path to heaven?

They actually do a good job at making politicians seem almost sane.

Back in the 1960s my first introduction to Catholicism, included the Douay version of the bible. It included some books which weren't in my King James or Revised Standard Version bibles or in the St.Joseph or the...well you get the idea.

Eventually I left the Methodist church. The hypocrisy was too much.

chai2

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 12:15 am
@Sturgis,
You think Protestants are weird.
Let's talk about 12 years of Catholic school my friend.

Nuns, stations of the cross, 8 year olds going to confession, and the most crazy thing....bingo.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 04:01 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I used to use highfalutin words a lot when I spoke to my mother- it got on her nerves. I still do around her occasionally.

In other words you were verbose, you used seven or eight words when one would do. Verbose people think they sound smart but in fact they appear the exact opposite.

English is an incredibly precise language and if you have a wide vocabulary you don't need to use as many words because your language is more accurate and specific.
JGoldman10

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 06:08 am
@izzythepush,
I am intelligent. I have a 170 IQ. Don't try to insult me.

Seems like you are trying to put me down and are inferring African Americans are stupid.

You weren't saying this TRIPE when you originally thought I was White.
Region Philbis

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 06:32 am
Quote:
I have a 170 IQ
oh gawd, not another one...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 06:35 am
@JGoldman10,
170 is an interesting figure to arrive at. you're not the only person on A2K to have made such dubious claims.

You're not very aware, you didn't know who Elizabeth warren was, I doubt many Americans with that IQ score would be similarly ignorant.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 06:38 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Seems like you are trying to put me down and are inferring African Americans are stupid.

I'm not inferring anything. You're the one doing that.

The word you're looking for is implying.

And no, I wasn't implying that African American people are stupid because I don't think that.

I am quite shocked at your appalling levels of ignorance however.
jespah

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 06:46 am
IQ arguments never go well. They just make the person who touts their alleged number look ridiculous at the best of times.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 06:47 am
@izzythepush,
I am ignorant of certain things, I am NOT stupid.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 07:49 am
@JGoldman10,
I have to ask: who administered the IQ Test? If it was a random online test, then it is bogus. If it was done by a credible university or the MacArthur Fellowship, then there is some legitimacy.

Personally, I never cared enough to look up my IQ, and my life has turned out fine.

I'm a bit suspicious on your IQ score, though. You claim to have a higher IQ that Albert Einstein (reported to be 160) and he was a physicist who won the Nobel Prize.
izzythepush

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 07:56 am
@Rebelofnj,
There is another poster who constantly claims to have an IQ of 170, hence RP's post.

He's not someone you automatically think of as intelligent either. (Not RP!)
oralloy

Sun 29 Sep, 2019 08:09 am
@izzythepush,
Plenty of smart people have in fact automatically recognized my intelligence.

That you do not says much more about you than it does about me.
0 Replies