Are we allowed to start threads and/or make posts about video game emulation and torrenting?

Rebelofnj

Fri 27 Sep, 2019 01:38 pm
@izzythepush,
If I were to live like Christ, I would want to use a whip on those mega churches in the American South, in a Cleansing of the Temple style act of rebellion. Maybe flip some tables.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Sep, 2019 02:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That reminds me of some daft argument I had with BillRM about how he wouldn't have let Jesus whip him or something like that. I was a lot of fun.

Seriously, there is so much wrong with all organised religion. It's not limited to Christianity, it's across the board.
JGoldman10

Fri 27 Sep, 2019 07:30 pm
@izzythepush,
And you wonder why I call you a "snob".
JGoldman10

Fri 27 Sep, 2019 08:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
But you're not a Christian. You're a CATHOLIC.
Rebelofnj

Fri 27 Sep, 2019 09:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
Catholics still read the Bible. From my experience, it is usually the King James version of the Bible.

I, and many others, see Catholics as Christians. I even acted as Joseph in a church Christmas play of the Nativity Story.

And despite you believing that I belong to a cult, I still try to help you. I also haven't questioned other people's beliefs and faiths as that is a personal matter.
izzythepush

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 03:06 am
@JGoldman10,
No, I put it down to your limited vocabulary and innate xenophobia.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 03:07 am
@JGoldman10,
Catholics are Christian, they're more Christian than you're weird little cult.
Rebelofnj

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 01:22 pm
Quote:
I'm like a Black William Buckley.

After looking him up, I'm confused by the comparison.
He was a conservative commentator and founder of the National Review. He was a notable figure in the rise of the Religious Right in America. He was raised Catholic and had argued that the Christian faith was being displaced by multiculturalism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F._Buckley_Jr.
Below viewing threshold (view)
JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 01:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Buckley had a penchant for spewing highfalutinisms when he spoke. You know- intellectual, uncommon, esoteric, sometimes 10-15 letter words that most people don't use.

I have a tendency to use such words when I talk or type or write, but sometimes I choose not to.

I used to use highfalutin words a lot when I spoke to my mother- it got on her nerves. I still do around her occasionally.

She didn't like Buckley. She said what's the point of having an extensive vocabulary or vernacular if most people can't understand what you are talking about.
JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 01:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am not the only Christian who says Catholics belong to a cult. There are a number of Christians who have written books about the truth of Roman Catholicism, and the Swaggarts have a DVD series out about this. I believe I told you this already.

I am still looking for that little softcover book I got in the mail called "The Truth About Roman Catholicism" that a Christian author wrote, which I have told you about months ago.

I think Chick Publications published it but I am not sure.
JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 01:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am not the only Christian who says and believes Catholics belong to a cult. There are a number of Christians who have written books about the truth of Roman Catholicism, and the Swaggarts have a DVD series out about this. I believe I told you this already.

I am still looking for that little softcover book I got in the mail called The Truth About Roman Catholicism that a Christian author wrote, which I have told you about months ago.

I think Chick Publications published it but I am not sure.

FIXED.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
While I would like to talk about this more, but

1. This is going way off topic.

2. We had the same debates before. You used the same arguments, word for word, and you refused to take what I told you into consideration.

I just found it odd you compared yourself to a well known Catholic who fought against anti-Catholic sentiment in the US.

I don't trust Jimmy Swaggart after he cheated on his wife with a prostitute, twice.
JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You're bringing up something that happened 2-3 decades ago. I am sure Mr. Swaggart asked the Lord for forgiveness and repented from that and moved on.

A number of televangelists and other preachers have been caught up in scandals over the years, but who among us hasn't sinned?

Jesus was the only being who never sinned.

The Bible says to choose your battles. I am not here to argue with people.
Rebelofnj

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I am not here to argue with people.

You're kinda are doing that. You typed multiple comments, quoting the Bible and a random book you lost years ago, just now decrying Catholicism towards me, all because I made a reference to the Cleansing of the Temple. I was not even the one who first brought up religion to the thread.
JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:15 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I didn't know Buckley was Catholic.
Rebelofnj

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
And I have never heard of William Buckley until today.
mesquite

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

There are a number of Christians who have written books about the truth of Roman Catholicism, and the Swaggarts have a DVD series out about this. I believe I told you this already.

The Swaggarts, now there is a blast from the past.

Here is a short video clip for you. It is about a guy that has a DVD out titled "Jimmy Swaggart made me a Catholic". Very Happy

JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. Did you ever watch the '90s sitcom Frasier? Niles and Frasier Crane were a pair of psychiatrists- they used highfalutin words like Buckley. They were very pretentious and snooty. Frasier had his own radio show.

William Buckley's son, William Buckley Jr., doesn't act and talk like him.

JGoldman10

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 02:36 pm
@mesquite,
My family and I watch the Swaggart family on Sonlife TV. Jimmy, his son Donnie, and Donnie's son Gabriel are all preachers.

Jimmy's wife Francis has a show called "Francis and Friends".