Impeachment: The Process Begins

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 09:51 am
Eric Swalwell Reads Out Headline About Trump Suggesting Whistleblower Be Executed
By Connor MannionNov 15th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) countered Republicans questioning why the anonymous whistleblower was not appearing in public by reading off headlines of Trump calling the whistleblower treasonous.

“A lot changed since the whistleblower came forward,” Swalwell told House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff. “Two things in particular. First most of what the whistleblower has alleged has been corroborated by the witnesses that we have heard from. Second, the president–who my colleagues so shamelessly continue to defend–continues to pressure, threaten and intimidate the whistleblower.”

Swalwell then entered a number of news articles into the record, all of which discussed Trump’s comments that the whistleblower should be punished for “treason” and alluding to the death penalty. Trump has also argued the whistleblower’s attorney should be “sued, maybe for treason.”

Swalwell also directly referred to a Vanity Fair article where Trump floated executing the whistleblower when he said “you know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right?”

“The whistleblower has an absolute right to anonymity. The whistleblower’s lawyer has said he fears for his personal safety and will only answer questions now in writing. I wish my colleagues would join me protecting the whistleblower’s right to anonymity,” Swalwell said.

Swalwell then moved on to question former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch about Rudy Giuliani, who reportedly led a pressure campaign to get Yovanovitch ousted as ambassador.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 11:41 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Eric Swalwell Reads Out Headline About Trump Suggesting Whistleblower Be Executed

Swalwell is the suck puppy that failed miserably in his campaign for the Democratic nomination. He is just trying to stay relevant. And his hate for Trump only makes what he says predictable, not true.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
We can certainly understand why this president is disliked by people who love this country cant you??

hes trashing the Constitution by try supremacy

Hes trashing and distancing us from allies

Hes a Russian sock puppet

He applies lies to his constituncy and just assumes they are stupid from the get go, (at least in this arena he was proven kinda correct, you guys are as dim as a foggy night in North Korea)

Hes being manipulated by several of our enemies

Hes lasing thecountry to the land of fascism

He really is like oralloy, he loves to spout about his intelligence yet hasnt shown us where this manifests itself
coldjoint

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 11:52 am
@farmerman,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
You are being manipulated, not Trump.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 11:57 am
@coldjoint,
duuuuh, cant you tick in some more emojis to increase your working vocabulary??

Im betting that you are just posting invective to try to impress Internet Research crowd from Pinsk.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 11:59 am
@farmerman,
The emojis mean your post was laughable, which it was.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 01:29 pm
@coldjoint,
you oughta be on my side of the mirror Curly.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 01:30 pm
@farmerman,
First things first, he's not even on your side of the lavatory.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
First things first, he's not even on your side of the lavatory.

Here I am o' guardian of the UK's children. You can talk to me directly.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 02:17 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
you oughta be on my side of the mirror Curly.

No thanks.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 02:37 pm
Quote:
Democrats Omit Exculpatory Information from Summary of Tim Morrison Transcript

The glaring example is in the article. The point here is that Democrats lie more than Trump. The time they have wasted will flip the House in 2020.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/17/democrats-omit-tim-morrison/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:18 pm
https://comicallyincorrect.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/06-ambass-o-dt-600.jpg
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2019/11/braveheart-a-f-branco-cartoon/?utm_source=
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Thats all you got eh? This entire regime has set a precedent in alienating our military nd civil servants . Hes just not bright nough to mount logical defense of his inane actions. SO, instead, he just piles on the insults.
I think the state of Arizona is in play because of his insults of MccAin. SO I say, **** the impeachment, hes gonna lose at the polls.

then we can "Lock him up"
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 06:19 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
We can certainly understand why this president is disliked by people who love this country cant you??

Nonsense. People who hate Trump, also hate America.

farmerman wrote:
hes trashing the Constitution

Hardly.

farmerman wrote:
Hes trashing and distancing us from allies

Many of those allies are hardly our friends. Although I regret the betrayal of the Kurds.

farmerman wrote:
Hes lasing thecountry to the land of fascism

All the fascism that I've seen has come from progressives.

farmerman wrote:
He really is like oralloy, he loves to spout about his intelligence yet hasnt shown us where this manifests itself

The fact that you are incapable of recognizing intelligence does not mean that it has not been demonstrated.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 04:38 am
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 07:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Max is right. You're wrong. High crimes and misdemeanors has always been taken to be particularly egregious crimes not necessarily against some particular statue, but more serious....

A crime is a violation of a statute. That's the definition of a crime. You're not free to redefine it. The Constitution lists the permissible grounds for impeachment and it says "high crimes and misdemeanors." I'll go with the words written there, thanks. I can see why you'd like it to mean that anything you don't like is grounds, but that isn't what it says.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 07:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I am stating that abuse of power is a crime (whether there is a statute or not). Trump is being accused abusing his power for personal political benefit. This is a crime in the minds of most Americans.

Not only is your argument legally wrong. It is a political losing argument.

You are basically arguing that the president can abuse the power of his office without facing any consequences.

This is an awful message for the Republicans to stand behind.

It is never "legally wrong" to assert that a law means what it says.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 07:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

It is never "legally wrong" to assert that a law means what it says.

It is "legally wrong" when you assert what you mistakenly think (or hope) it says.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 03:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Who is doing the hoping here? There are no statutes in our law that make anything in the articles of Trump's impeachment a crime.

If we are to take a law as strictly meaning what it says, then we should also give meaning to what it doesn't address.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 03:26 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
If we are to take a law as strictly meaning what it says, then we should also give meaning to what it doesn't address.

It is their way or the highway. Any sense of fairness is irrelevant. They wish to scrap our system of justice to get one man. No one man is worth that, and it is a sad day for this country that our elected officials would even think so. They deserve to be voted out of office as quickly as possible.
0 Replies