gungasnake

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:35 am
JTT wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Monica strikes me as too much of a pig to want to do anything with.

gungasnake wrote:
You might also try going to church and praying for the ability to cast intelligent votes in future time.

Onward christian soldier!

I didn't say I was going to go out and rent a steamroller and back it over Monica or anything like that. A Christian can be well-disposed towards pigs without that meaning that he has to DATE them.

Sheeeeeesh....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:41 am
gungasnake wrote:

McGentrix made that statement, not me. Ask him why he made it; Monica strikes me as too much of a pig to want to do anything with.

My apologies gunga Embarrassed I really should increase the font size on this monitor. Sometimes it hard to tell you and McG apart from the posts :-)
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:42 am
Interesting posts
Lots of interesting questions/propositions here. Here's my take:

Is it ok to have sex with teenage intern? If it is consensual and the intern doesn't work for you? Not my business. If it is not consensual? No. If the intern works for you, there is always a question about consent, so No.

Is it weird to focus on another guy's sex life? Yes. If you are concerned about office politics or have a concern about abuse of the person with lesser power, then it could be fair game. If a CEO is pressuring subordinates for affairs, fair game big-time. After seven years, it's a done deal, let it drop.

Is the President ever on his own time? No, he is call on 24/7, defines his own work hours and takes his leisure when he can. That is why he gets the big plane. If W wants to go out for a two hour jog at lunch, more power to him as long as the work gets done. (I don't know that he does this, it's just an example.) Did Clinton's escapades occur on the government dime? I don't think so. I don't know that the government spent a penny more for pizza than it would have otherwise.

Was Clinton a "great president?" Not in my book. Not much actually accomplished in his administration. He did some small good things and didn't muck up the works when the general trend was upward, but mainly I see him as running a caretaker government. He did a good job at that, but that doesn't qualify as great. As an ex-president, he is doing a fairly good job at being ex-presidential. Is he really getting out there and trying to make the world a better place? Nah. Carter is still building "Habitat" homes and he is decrepit.

Is this a very Christian comment:
Quote:
Monica strikes me as too much of a pig to want to do anything with.

I say No.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:43 am
McGentrix wrote:
How far do you want to go with this Intrepid?

To the stars and back? Laughing
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:53 am
I can never remember the ending of the beatitude that starts..

Blessed are they that refer to others as pigs for they.............

Can someone more religious than me help me out here?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:56 am
It's cute when you guys all decide to keep piling on a non-issue. Is that how you "win friends and influence people"?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:03 am
McGentrix wrote:
It's cute when you guys all decide to keep piling on a non-issue. Is that how you "win friends and influence people"?

Can you say hypocrisy, McG? Go look it up. See what you're defending, christian brother in arms. Is that what you read in the bible, hear at church, practice at home?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:13 am
Re: Interesting posts
engineer wrote:
. If the intern works for you, there is always a question about consent, so No.

That's normally the answer I'd give...

Nonetheless, considering the original topic of this thread, IF the intern in question IS a ringer of some sort, specifically provided by the demokkkrat party apparatus for the amusement of the resident psychopath in question (Slick), then you could ALMOST make an exception to this rule, PROVIDED that the psychopath and the pig were doing their thing on their own time, i.e. before 9 or after 5. Otherwise it gets to be an embarassment to the whole country.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:18 am
JTT wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Can you say hypocrisy, McG? Go look it up. See what you're defending, christian brother in arms. Is that what you read in the bible, hear at church, practice at home?

As I am not a Christian, I have to say no. But, I fail to see how being a Christian means one can not have an opinion about what they find sexually appealing.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:19 am
McGentrix wrote:
JTT wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

As I am not a Christian, I have to say no. But, I fail to see how being a Christian means one can not have an opinion about what they find sexually appealing.

Do you lust in your heart McG?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:23 am
gungasnake wrote:
engineer wrote:
. If the intern works for you, there is always a question about consent, so No.

That's normally the answer I'd give...

Nonetheless, considering the original topic of this thread, IF the intern in question IS a ringer of some sort, specifically provided by the demokkkrat party apparatus for the amusement of the resident psychopath in question (Slick), then you could ALMOST make an exception to this rule, PROVIDED that the psychopath and the pig were doing their thing on their own time, i.e. before 9 or after 5. Otherwise it gets to be an embarassment to the whole country.

This whole thing seems to be a non issue. You started this thread based on hearsay and without any proof other than somebody knew somebody who said......

Somebody already mentioned that the job of the president is not 9 to 5. It is 24/7 and he does not punch a time clock.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:29 am
Darn original topic
Ok, on the original topic.

M was clearly all weepy over C, so I doubt she was a knowingly chosen outlet for his proclivities. If M was known for moral laxity, that would have been all over the press by now, so that probably isn't the case. If the vast left wing conspiracy was driving it, then Jordan wouldn't have been trying to steer C away from it. In the end, calling it a normal Washington intern affair is much, much, much more likely than the original proposal.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:45 am
gungasnake wrote:
Otherwise it gets to be an embarassment to the whole country.

Shocked

Stripping Rumsfeld and Bush of Impunity

http://www.progressive.org/july05/roth0705.php
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:41 pm
gungasnake wrote:

Sex on your own time and your own dime is one thing. Sex with a teenage intern on government property during government working hours is something altogether different.

You see, right there is where you are wrong.

Among men, any attention any male pays to how much action another guy gets on the side is automatic grounds to suspect that the guy is a homosexual who wants the male in question.

All this fuming about Clinton's sex life. All this fussing about Clinton's sex life. If there were a co-worker on the job named Bill and you did one tenth of much crying about his sex life as you do about Clinton's, the other guys would have all sorts of jokes about you.

Anytime anyone announced he was going to the bathroom, somebody would crack about you hanging out there looking for action. What would be written on the bathroom walls about you would not bear repeating here, but I think most men have an idea.

When it comes to how much action other men are getting, most guys
A) Don't care

B) Want to make sure that nobody is paying attention to their own sex lives.

Even among the men who are entirely faithful to their wives, what you are doing here would be considered contemptible. So contemptible, for instance, that a good percentage of men-even those with nothing to worry about-would march in and demand a transfer into some department away from you. The principle would be that if you would stoop so low as to stick your nose into another guy's business, they don't trust you in any shape, size or form.

They wouldn't want you anywhere around them. And that's the truth.

That is what would happen to you on any job I have worked, if you paid one tenth as much attention to a co-worker's sex life as you do to Clinton's.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:30 am
Shocked

I think you need some different friends!
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:18 pm
gungasnake wrote:

Sex on your own time and your own dime is one thing. Sex with a teenage intern on government property during government working hours is something altogether different.

I think it was J.C. Watts who said there is no walk of life in America in which anybody would get away with that kind of ****. There is no college dean or president who would not be fired, no corporate president, vice president, or CEO who would not be fired, no executive in any line of work in America who would not get shitcanned for something like that.

Like I say, YOU are in a state of denial. Good l;uck getting over it.

Monica was no teenager. She was in her 20s. She had a big ego. She thought she was sexy.

Several women I know feel Monica was the aggressor. Women are pretty good at this sort of thing.

Neither of those statements means she was a ringer. A slut? Maybe.

Men are not free from gossip, especially if the subject is sex.

Until a few years ago, most men had their pick of sexual partners in the workspace. Whether it was a bank or a Silicone Valley start up or a university. They were never fired but the woman who dared to say no often was.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:54 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

You see, right there is where you are wrong.

Among men, any attention any male pays to how much action another guy gets on the side is automatic grounds to suspect that the guy is a homosexual who wants the male in question.

All this fuming about Clinton's sex life. All this fussing about Clinton's sex life. If there were a co-worker on the job named Bill and you did one tenth of much crying about his sex life as you do about Clinton's, the other guys would have all sorts of jokes about you.

you could be on to something, kw...

jeez, it's not even just about bill's sex life. it's obsession with all things clinton...

bill this, bill that. "do you know what bill did today?" little pet names for the guy like "slick".

and the way they talk about hillary and any other woman he pays attention to. "that pig.. she's just a little slut !"

why, kw, it's enough to make a fella blush.

Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 04:13 am
are you saying that gunga could be...... ??? Shocked
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 04:32 am
Atkins wrote:
[

Monica was no teenager. She was in her 20s.

As I read it she was 19 when she got there. If her 20'th birthday passed before she and Slick started getting it on then the mission was simply delayed by factors beyond demokkkrat control.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 04:44 am
gungasnake wrote:
Atkins wrote:
[

Monica was no teenager. She was in her 20s.

As I read it she was 19 when she got there. If her 20'th birthday passed before she and Slick started getting it on then the mission was simply delayed by factors beyond demokkkrat control.

Gunga,
Monica Lewinsky was born on July 23, 1973. The situation with Bill Clinton was in 1997. That would have made her at least 24 years of age. Once again, you didn't do your research.
0 Replies