Straight guys play at being gay to pick up chicks

Wilso

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 05:05 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
They WANT men who are understanding and sympathetic.

That has not been my experience. Maybe it's something about Australian women???
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 05:11 am
Hmmmm.... I think some women like certain types of men than others.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 05:23 am
Actually, they usually want male FRIENDS to be understanding and sympathetic. Which usually involves listening to what a bastard their latest guy is!!!
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 05:46 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 06:24 am
Wilso & Larry- I think that what we are all seeing is a state of flux amongst male/female relationships. Yes, there are women who still like a guy who will control them. I think that the strong, independent woman who wants a man as a partner rather than a boss is becoming more the norm.

Yet, I think that women, in their heart of hearts, still want protection from a man. The difficulty is maintaining a balance which is satisfactory to both partners.

Your generation IS between a rock and a hard place, because there are a lot of double messages out there.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 06:29 am
Yes phoenix, you're right - its a fast changing world with lots of conflicting messages.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 06:33 am
gezzy wrote:
Hmmmm.... I think some women like certain types of men than others.

way to go gezzy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 06:43 am
The day men understand what women want from them will be the day when .....

<can't think of an obvious parallel - the idea is too far fetched>

Wink
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:41 am
Thanks hebba.

There are just as many different types of women as there are men, so it's all a matter of finding someone who suits you. I can't say that I understand what men want because different men want different things. As I get older I've come to figure out exactly what I want in a man, but the hard part is finding that person.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 09:16 am
gezzy - so what excatly do u want in a man (apart from the fact that he is not gay) ??
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 09:57 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
A man does not need gold chains, leather jackets and tight jeans to become attractive to women. (unless a one night stand is what he wants, and if so go on to another thread)

I believe the original article in this thread is about men after one-night stands.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 10:48 am
Gautam
Well, I'd like a man who is independent, compassionate, thoughtful, caring, interesting, secure, and of course romantic.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 11:21 pm
Cool
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 12:11 am
Well, this particular 'bait and switch' method might lead to the following post-coital conversation:

'You know, I'm not really a gay man'
'Well, I was till the operation'
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:59 am
I read a story once that was a slight variation on this. This particular guy told women that he was gay. And every time he bedded one, the woman thought she was converting a gay man-"I don't understand, this has never happened with a woman before" was his favourite line.
0 Replies

Dreamweaver MX

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 02:06 am
I have a question. Who nominates the spokeperson for all womankind? Oh oh oh I have another. Since when did women standardize what they want? Oh please just one more. Why is someone with a huge chip on their shoulder always nominated?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 02:53 am
Er...huh Dreamweaver? Not sure where that came from.

I must confess, my reaction to the notion of women who are stupid enough to go out looking for gay men to "cure" is that they deserve to be fooled!

As to the rest of the conversation, about what women may or may not want, I can speak only for myself -and I am damned if I know!

Intelligent, witty, decent human being is a good start in a male or a female - friend or lover! As for the rest of it - I am so many different things myself, that I guess I sort of expect that other people will be, too - I don't like bullies in either gender, nor wimps - the rest is part of the delightful warp and weft of humanity - i am unsure if you can order another human being to be a certain way and expect to get it - we ain't none of us hamburgers!

Except our esteemed member, Hamburger, of course.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:00 am
I have a lot of trouble filling out personal profiles!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:01 am
I'd like a man with the works to go please, LOL!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:02 am
Who would ever want to convert a gay man? Must be some kind of power trip thing!
0 Replies