Relationships, Emotions, Lack of Control

Debra Law

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 01:27 pm
LOVE
Driver aiming at ex-girlfriend kills toddler

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. - Police in Tampa, Florida, are looking for a man they say tried to run over his ex-girlfriend with his pickup, but ended up killing a two-year-old boy instead. . . .

McNeal was previously wanted on charges including aggravated stalking.

What is WRONG with these people?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:03 pm
Police Arrest Boyfriend In Central Bakersfield Murder

Quote:
Bakersfield police have arrested the boyfriend of a woman found dead Monday morning in Central Bakersfield.

Officers said they received a call of a gunshot at 3817 K Street, Apartment 2, early Monday morning. When they arrived, they found the body of 27-year-old Rochelle Mackey. She had been shot in the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Her boyfriend, Conroy Hayes, made the 911 call. When police arrived, he was the only person present at the time of death and gave conflicting statements to responding investigators. Police said a search of the apartment revealed narcotics for sale. Hayes was arrested for suspicion of murder, possession of cocaine for sale and parole violation.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 07:44 pm
Another love 'em to death story:

Police say Georgia man set girlfriend on fire after breakup

Quote:
Police in Macon, Georgia, arrested a man Monday who they say doused his girlfriend with gasoline and set her on fire after she broke off their engagement.

Jomekia Pope, a 29-year-old who has a history of domestic abuse, faces charges of aggravated assault and arson stemming from a horrific assault Sunday at his ex-girlfriend's home. . . .

Macon City Police Sgt. Cornelius Pendleton said the couple got into an argument Sunday regarding their relationship. Pope then poured gasoline on Taylor and the bed before lighting the fire, Pendleton said.

. . . Pope was angry because Taylor had broken off their engagement, Banks said.

But this was not the first incident between the couple, police said. Banks said his stepdaughter called off the engagement because of earlier abuse.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 08:04 pm
Love and hate and everything in-between is an interesting human emotion. I remember a time in my youth when I really didn't know the emotion of hate until I gained some confidence in myself. During my early twenties, I hated several people, but it wasn't too long afterwards that my hate disappeared because I realized that my hate affected me more than the people I hated. I haven't hated anyone ever since, although I have been angry at some people - which dissipated in good time. I really don't understand how people hate so much that they would do harm to others.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 11:45 pm
I truly feel that every single human being has it within them to be 'one of these people'.

We are human. We are not logical units. We are not made of brain alone.
We don't always have the knowledge, the skills, the abilities to make the right choices. So many factors play in here.

Being capable of love/hate is part of being human. We make mistakes. We hurt people. It's all part of it.

There will always be people who have not learned how to control their emotions. There will always be circumstances that push ordinary people to their limits; or overwelm them with emotions they do not have a way to control.

I agree that Love/Hate can cause some true horrors.
So can logic and reason.

The best we can do is try to teach ourselves what we need to know, and to strive the best we can be.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:29 am
Flushd wrote:

Quote:
I truly feel that every single human being has it within them to be 'one of these people'.

I disagree.

Certainly all of us have moments of rage and hatred--but we don't act on those emotions.

Quote:
Jomekia Pope, a 29-year-old who has a history of domestic abuse, faces charges of aggravated assault and arson stemming from a horrific assault Sunday at his ex-girlfriend's home. . . .

This guy made a habit of being unreasonable and attempting to enforce his wishes through violence, ignoring laws of the land as well as the social customs that govern love relationships.

Mr. Pope felt his girlfriend was his property and that he had a "right" to use physical force either to prevent her from leaving him or to punish her for wanting to leave him.

Most people don't regard other people as property--or allow themselves to threaten other people's health and longevity.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 12:22 am
Noddy, I agree with you.

When I said "every single person has it within them to become one of these people', what I meant was we are all CAPABLE of it. Most people won't act on it, but they definetly have it within them if they so chose.

Just wanted to clarify, eh.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:17 pm
Flushd--

Fair enough.
0 Replies