Predictions about who the next U.S. president will be

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 01:59 am
@Rebelofnj,
I don't think people should be racking their brains trying to figure out how to be funny. That should come naturally.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 05:09 am
@JGoldman10,
You don't know anything about it, even those who are naturally funny have to work hard.

You can be funny, but not intentionally, the post you made about mining diamond asteroids as a matter of urgency was one of the funniest things on A2K.

There's no book you can read that will make you funny. And to be honest I think you should leave the jokes to someone else and concentrate on your artwork. There are lots of well worn gags out there that periodically get dusted down and rewritten.

Here's one for you, and I've seen this particular story written a few times. The protagonist is asked to deliver a parcel to a relative, aunt/mother/grandmother. They don't have an easy time of it but eventually get the package delivered safely. When it arrives they discover it contains something that would have been of great use if they'd known at the time.

It's raining and the package contains an umbrella, or it's snowing and it contains snow shoes, or the heavy package contains a self assembled bike or a skateboard, something like that.
JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 07:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You don't know anything about it,

That never stops you from offering your all too frequent lies on things you know zilch about, izzy. You nutty finger pointers are such incredible hypocrites.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
Some people I have interacted with thought I am being funny, when I wasn't. I'm like Joe Pesci to them.

Don't tell me how to produce my cartoons and comics. I want to write my own material. It's my material. I want to handle my own characters. I am good at storytelling. I want to be the one who writes the stories. If anything, I wouldn't mind getting someone to help me co-write my toons and comics, but they are still MY projects. I want to be the one in charge. I don't want others trying to reinterpret MY characters.

People who create cartoons for TV or for the internet and comic books or online comics have some control over their characters.

Indie comics and cartoon people have creative license over their stuff.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:44 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Some people I have interacted with thought I am being funny, when I wasn't.

Isn't that what I've just said?

People swap and trade gags all the time, you make the gag your own.

You could do that for the gag I've given you, make it your own, your characters your drawings, your dynamic.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
Read what I just posted.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:57 am
@JGoldman10,
I have, I responded. It seems to me that you want everyone else to do stuff for you and for you to take the credit.

Tim Roth takes the story and makes it his own.

JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Is your life ruled and run by vacuous usa movies, izzy?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 04:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Are you daft?

JGoldman10 wrote:

Some people I have interacted with thought I am being funny, when I wasn't. I'm like Joe Pesci to them.

Don't tell me how to produce my cartoons and comics. I want to write my own material. It's my material. I want to handle my own characters. I am good at storytelling. I want to be the one who writes the stories. If anything, I wouldn't mind getting someone to help me co-write my toons and comics, but they are still MY projects. I want to be the one in charge. I don't want others trying to reinterpret MY characters.

People who create cartoons for TV or for the internet and comic books or online comics have some control over their characters.

Indie comics and cartoon people have creative license over their stuff.

THIS is what I was referring to.

Where does it say I want people to do work for me anywhere in this passage?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 05:08 pm
@izzythepush,
It would be nice if I could pay people to do my research for me. That would give me a lot more time to get some cartoons and comics produced and developed.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 06:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
We already do your research for you for free. You ask questions, and we provide answers, links, and resources.
jespah

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 07:58 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Wait, we can get paid for this?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:01 am
@JGoldman10,
You've said you want to be the one in charge, which means you need someone to be in charge of. You want someone to write your gags for you only for you to take the credit.

And has already been pointed out plenty of us are researching stuff for you for free.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 04:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
I mean pay people in person to do my research.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 04:38 am
@izzythepush,
I want to write my OWN gags.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 05:04 am
@JGoldman10,
How's that going?
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 05:14 am
@JGoldman10,
So, who or what has influenced your humor? I'm assuming it is Looney Tunes and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

My humor is influenced by the improv show Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The US version), the web show Red vs Blue, and the film Airplane!
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 05:14 am
@izzythepush,
I am wasting my time talking to you. You are a detriment. A British snob who thinks he is better than I am. An anti-Christian clown who wants to look down upon Americans.

American televangelist Joel Osteen did a teaching one time in which he described people using airplane part analogies. He said there are people who are lifters and thrusters, and drags and weights.

You sir are a drag and/or weight.

I BLESS YOU.

GOODBYE.

STOP TALKING TO ME.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 05:23 am
@JGoldman10,
I mean, Izzy hasn't looked down on me, and I'm an American. I also don't see how he is anti-Christian.

And not to ruin that airplane analogy, but aren't drags and weights just part of air travel and unavoidable in general? So, a person can't avoid undesirable people, but they can be prepared on how to deal with them.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 05:25 am
@JGoldman10,
Whenever things don't go your way you become very aggressive and fall back on stereotypes.

I'm working class, not at all snobbish, and what you've done is the same as if I started going on about fried chicken.

I'm not anti Christian at all, I have lots of time for genuine Christians, people who take Christ as their inspiration as opposed to televangelists who are only concerned with depriving the foolish of their money.

I've tried to be honest and give you good advice, but you don't want that, you want people to tell you how you're doing a good job when you're not doing anything.

Know your limitations, Elton John wanted to write lyrics, but they weren't any good so he stuck to the songwriting and let Bernie Torpin do the lyrics.

That's why he's so successful.

You can draw, your artwork is very good, but you can't even recognise a joke, let alone get it or even appreciate it.

If you can't do those three things you can't begin to write comedy.

I can write comedy, I've written for myself and others, but I can't draw, so I don't waste my time trying.
0 Replies