Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 11:02 am
Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

God’s condemnation is quite severe. Hell and death, if you are a literalist believer.

Meanwhile, scriptures say that the penalty for sin is closer to what we generally view as justice. That justice being an eye for an eye. This means that the penalty is close to the severity of the sin. If I kill, I earn death. If I steal, I only forfeit my wealth. I do not earn death. This justice seems fair to me.

Since few of us ever kill, few of us should earn hell and death. Yet scriptures indicate that the vast majority of our souls end in hell and death, while only the few reach heaven.

Can god be just if he exceeds the good justice standard that the bible, god’s WORD, claims is just?

There is no doubt that we are all sinners. Be that condition, imposed by god or nature, is forced upon us at birth.

If you think you have been condemned to hell and death and need a savior, can you tell us what sin of yours earned you hell and death?

Thanks.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,276 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 11:33 am
Is there really an entity one might define as "god?" Don't believers just anthropomorphize the universe or a cabbage or something when they invent notions of a god? There is no intelligence as equated to the human mind when contemplating the actions of this universe. It's a self hoax that provides emotional baggage and little else.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is there really an entity one might define as "god?" Don't believers just anthropomorphize the universe or a cabbage or something when they invent notions of a god? There is no intelligence as equated to the human mind when contemplating the actions of this universe. It's a self hoax that provides emotional baggage and little else.

To your first. As a Gnostic Christian, I hold no supernatural beliefs so if that is how you define god, then no, I do not believe that such an entity exists.

My beliefs are irrelevant in discussions with people who do believe in a moral monster of a god.

I have no argument against the rest of your intelligent and realistic post.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 07:03 pm
That you write about 'god' consistently belies your words. Somewhere in your belief system is the root called 'god' growing in a stone destined to crack open.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

That you write about 'god' consistently belies your words. Somewhere in your belief system is the root called 'god' growing in a stone destined to crack open.

You do not show what you mean and I am supposed to guess at what you are talking about.

Here is my defence and it hold as much info as you put.

ku,hjfdcfgvfsnkgfvd

Thanks. Your lie has been proven.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 03:47 pm
It took you a week to come up with that?
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 10:44 am
@Greatest I am,
You claim to be Christian, but you don't seem to know the first thing about the subject. You really should read your bible, forgetting all the non-biblical stuff you have picked up from unlearned people, and claim your rights as a Christian.

It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom.
When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember passages. That is the part that applies to Christians.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2019 08:04 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

You claim to be Christian, but you don't seem to know the first thing about the subject. You really should read your bible, forgetting all the non-biblical stuff you have picked up from unlearned people, and claim your rights as a Christian.

It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom.
When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember passages. That is the part that applies to Christians.

I have never claimed to be a Christian.
I am a Gnostic Christian.
Thanks for your lie.

If you wish to chat. Start over without lying.

Regards
DL
Jewels Vern

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 03:59 am
@Greatest I am,
Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Either you believe and are saved or you don't believe and are lost. There is no in between, no flavors of Christianity. Your initial post plainly shows that you don't understand anything about Christianity, so you just need to get in the book and learn it. Then we can talk about whatever you were trying to say there.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 12:15 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Either you believe and are saved or you don't believe and are lost. There is no in between, no flavors of Christianity. Your initial post plainly shows that you don't understand anything about Christianity, so you just need to get in the book and learn it. Then we can talk about whatever you were trying to say there.

If you believe you are evil enough or sinner enough to have earned god's condemnation and hell, tell us what great sin you did that has god punishing you in excess of the eye for an eye that scriptures say is his justice system.

Regards
DL
0 Replies