Why did he address me by my first name?

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:29 am
I text my friend good morning and he text me back good morning Lisa.
He has always addressed me by my nick name Cookie. Maybe this is no big deal but he never calls me by my first name or he would just say back good morning and that's it with no name.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 837 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:37 am
@lisa1471,
ask him
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:45 am
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

He has always addressed me by my nick name Cookie. Maybe this is no big deal but he never calls me by my first name or he would just say back good morning and that's it with no name.

How is this NOT the dumbest question you ever asked here? How (or why) do you think we can answer this question when the only person who can answer this (mostly) inconsequential question is the person allegedly writing that text to you.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:54 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

lisa1471 wrote:

How is this NOT the dumbest question you ever asked here? How (or why) do you think we can answer this question when the only person who can answer this (mostly) inconsequential question is the person allegedly writing that text to you.

There are no dumb questions ...at least this used to be what some of my former teachers used to say ..... until the class starting asking dumb questions
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:57 am
@Linkat,
There are plenty of dumb questions. When I lived in a shared house one of my housemates say another one eating baked beans and said.

"Are those beans?"

Obviously they were. It was a dumb question.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There are plenty of dumb questions. When I lived in a shared house one of my housemates say another one eating baked beans and said.

"Are those beans?"

Obviously they were. It was a dumb question.

You see the end of my answer --- until the class started asking dumb questions...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:45 am
@Linkat,
I did see it, I was agreeing.

As a teacher I've had my fair share of dumb questions.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
I guess mine was a dumb question
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 11:08 am
@Linkat,
Not at all, you were clarifying.
0 Replies