Don’t t know how to come out to friends

Beny

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:00 pm
Ok so first, I’m 16 and gay, and I’m scared shitless to come out to my friends. I tend to hang out with guys, most of which I met through MMA Baseball and Scouts. And they don’t tend to be the most sympathetic guys, I mean these are the guys who’s vocabulary consists of two words, gay and faggot. I also fit in as well, I don’t really act effeminate, and to my knowledge no ones even questioned my sexuality. It’s not that I’m uncomfortable being gay, it’s just I hate people seeing me differently, treating me differently. I’ve known them for a while now and I really don’t want to lose it. Idk sorry if it’s boring I’m using this more as a place to just get my thoughts down.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,800 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:10 pm
@Beny ,
It won't hurt you to continue with your friends this way. As you get older and your friends and activities change you will have plenty of opportunities.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 08:20 am
@Beny ,
If you have gay friends, family, mentors, this would be a good time to talk to them about how to handle the situation. Are you out to your parents and immediate family?

One thing I understand about coming out (I am not gay) is that it can be helpful to start small. That is, come out to someone who you know will be joyful and sympathetic first. You'll figure out what you want to say, and how to say it, in a more nurturing environment.

Or, as is true in a lot of other aspects of life, crawl before you run.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:32 am
@Beny ,
Effeminacy and homosexuality are two separate things. Straight men can be effeminate, and gay men can be anything but.

Notorious East End villain Ronnie Kray was gay and you wouldn't want to mess with him.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/thekraytwins/images/9/9b/Ronaldkray.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171016204658

You are only 16, and at that age a lot of gay people are well and truly closeted. It's very easy to think you're on your own. You're not, there's plenty of people out there who feel just like you do right now.

Here's a list of gay charities in America, find one in the state you live in and get in contact. They can help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_rights_organizations_in_the_United_States
0 Replies

JayR

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 05:14 am
@Beny ,
are you sure btw that among your friends there are no gays? Wink
0 Replies