Which is worse on overall health- untreated tap water or aspartame?

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 01:01 am
Hi. I am curious about this. My family and I own a water ionizer but it's in need of repair. I am working toward getting it fixed, but in the meantime I have been buying bottled water for my family and myself to use, and then refilling the empty bottles with water from a water machine at my local supermarket.

I've noticed the last few times I have ordered pizza for my family and myself, my mother asks me to order diet soda. I have asked her why doesn't she want to order bottled water, since that is healthier but she says it's not enough.

I am glad she stopped ordering regular soda- all that sugar that is in it is not good for anyone. My mother and I saw a public notice on TV that stated that soft drinks are poisonous, especially if you consume them in large quantities.

Untreated tap water is bad because it's loaded with chemicals and has fluoride in it which depletes your bones of calcium.

Aspartame, according to what I read online, is one of the worst artificial sweeteners out there. It is linked to cancer.
There's a number of health risks tied to aspartame:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322266.php

Other bad artificial sweeteners are erythritol and sucralose.

I usually and generally avoid anything that has aspartame, erythritol and sucralose in them.

Please help- thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,111 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

izzythepush

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 01:08 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Please help- thank you

Living in America. There are 250 carcinogenic food additives that are banned in the EU but allowed in America.

https://wellinsiders.com/these-food-additives-banned-in-europe-are-still-allowed-in-u-s-foods/
farmerman

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 09:13 am
@JGoldman10,
the others like aspartame are sugar alcohols, so i guess the oxyhydroxides can get ya. Id be more concerned about fizzy soas that contain phosphoric acid. Theyll eat your bones faster than any caries from flourides.
Filtered city or well waters have heavu metals or nitrates and some more active contaminants. We worry too much about trace contaminants and ignore the stuff thats there in higher concentrations. We use a series of GAC filters on the cold water side of of each faucet. That takes out the NO3 and other stuff.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:28 am
@JGoldman10,
All depends whats in the water. We boil our drinking water and filter it.

If sugar is bad because of the simple p[rocessing it goes through, why is the complex processing of strvia OK??
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:31 am
@izzythepush,
Why I buy EU pasta and tomato products. Standards in EU mean something to consumers, standards in the US protect the corporate efficiency in manufacturing of "food" for the masses.
izzythepush

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Having said that food labelling was in a bit of freefall with different stores adopting different methods, some had traffic lights, others just highlighted fat/sugar/salt.

It did give the right information, but many were confused.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Another issue in Brexit is Donald Trump. American food safety is a big issue and remain supporters have been using it.

Top of the list is chlorinated chicken. We do not want it, bleach is for putting down the toilet, not on your food. We've had the American Ambassador on the BBC saying why it's OK to eat chlorinated chicken and the head of the US agriculture saying we'll have to take it.

If Johnson fucks up Brexit, which he's doing a marvellous job of at the moment, Trump will have to take a bow.

This wasn't even on the radar until Trump's state visit when he said he wanted to run the NHS and we'd have to buy a ton of GM modified soya and chlorinated chicken.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 4 Sep, 2019 12:46 pm
Fluoride does negatively affect your bones: https://www.algaecal.com/expert-insights/fluoride/

It does deplete your bones of calcium.
0 Replies