My wife says she does not love me anymore

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:25 am
hello to all. This seems to be a nice forum and i would really appreciate any suggestions you care to give me. So, we have been married for a bit more than a year and these last 3 months i have noticed that my wife was changing in her ways..nothing much but you know when you get that feeling. So last week she tells me that she has mixed feelings about our relatiionship and i asked her all the usual questions like why and how and when.All she could say was that she did not really know why and how it happened. I have no reason to suspect she is having an affair, although you can never be 100% sure. Yesterday we took up the conversation again and when i asked her if she loves me she said no. But, the strange thing is that she wants to still live with me until things get better. Now im really confused coz you either love someone and want to stay with him or not. Any comments about this please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,018 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:38 am
Ok question 1: How long were the two of you dating before you got married?

Question 2: Did you live together before you were married?

Question 3: Were you friends before you were married

Question 4: Have you had any specific problems - money worries, one of you losing a job, health problems, depression, opposing views about children etc?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:52 am
It's a confusing thing.

But I think love is both about passion AND faith. Passion and endurance. Sometimes the fire goes out, but believing enough in the relationship to work though it is important.
0 Replies

ConfusedMale

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 05:05 am
Bekaboo wrote:
Ok question 1: How long were the two of you dating before you got married?

Question 2: Did you live together before you were married?

Question 3: Were you friends before you were married

Question 4: Have you had any specific problems - money worries, one of you losing a job, health problems, depression, opposing views about children etc?

4 years before marriage
yes we lived together
No we were not friends before dating
No specific problems I think
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 05:45 am
ConfusedMale- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

You wrote that you lived together before you were married. Did anything change once you WERE married? Did you handle your lives any differently after marriage than before? I am thinking in terms of money management, expectations of each person, etc.

Sometimes, marriage after living together can cause a shift in the relationship, especially if there are changes in the manner that the relationship is handled.

For instance, one of the couple may become more possessive after marriage. Expectations of how the household duties need to be divided can be a cause of strife. Changes in how the finances are dealt with are also a problem area.

Think about if there were any changes in the way you and your spouse conducted your "couplehood", before and after marriage, and you might get a clue.

Quote:
But, the strange thing is that she wants to still live with me until things get better.

Not so strange. She is probably going through some emotional turmoil now, and does not want her "boat rocked" any further. Why not suggest marriage counselling?
0 Replies

fungi

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 06:45 am
As they say on financial ads: "The value of your marriage may go down as well as up." Things change, ebb and flow, and you can't throw it all away in one of the down cycles. I know it hurts to hear that she doesn't love you - i've heard similar things, but things got better without a doubt.
0 Replies

MrBob329

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 02:38 pm
looking at it from a medical point of view...is there any possibility she could be pregnant, those hormones cause emotional reactions, u know wut i mean...just a stab in the dark, i hope things work out
0 Replies

WannaBeRoyal

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:41 am
Two days before our 7 year anniversary, my partner told me it was over that he wasn't "in love" anymore. I know him well enough to know he was making a mistake. He has ADD and is very influenced by people that he "trusts". He had a single friend that was really feeding him with the, "I couldn't handle having to answer to someone about everything I do." and wore him down to the point that he wasn't gonna deal with anything like that at all.
It was 6 months but after the friend deserted him and a few things happened because of the split, he realized what he had done and we have been back together for almost a year now and things are really good! When one of us starts to get too "out of control" about something, we both take the time to remember how miserable we were apart and we find a way to work through whatever.
You will find that in a long term relationship that it seems that at any given time, one partner is more "in love" and content than the other and you have to watch that you both don't hit a down time at the same time and there is no voice of reasoning.
My heart hurts for you as I know the pain you feel!
Best of luck to you!
0 Replies