Am I just not taking the hint?

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:07 pm
So there is this guy that I like who is completely amazing, he's not only good looking, but has an amazing personality. And he's one of the few guys that has actually liked ME! We've gone out on a couple dates and we hang out with some mutual friends. I finally asked him about a week ago if anything was going to happen between us, or what his deal is and he told me he really liked me, but he doesn't want to have a girl friend becuase he would feel "tied down" and he doesn't want to get emotionally attatched like he did with his last grilfriend (they dated for about 3 years , it was a stupid high school realtionship which got way too serious and she broke it off with him...pretty much broke his heart....when she went to college) He's been out of school for a year and I just graduated and I'm not looking for a serious relationship with him, I just want someone to go out with and spend time with....that's more than just a friend....I've had 18 summers of being alone and I really don't want to be single for another one......
so I told him to think about it a few days ago and that he needed to make a decision....and now here's the problem.....he's always been bad a returning calls and he's never 100% reliable, but in the past weeks he's been extremely inconsiderate....for example, last night he told me he'd go to this party at a mutual friend's house, and he never showed up or called....and he's been doing things like that lately, making plans and blowing them off. Now, I'm not the kind of girl to blow a gasket just becuase I guy doesn't call me back, or show up for something....but it's getting ridiculous......and he always has good excuses, so I never know if he's lying to me..... I haven't talked to him since he didn't show up the other night.....
but, I keep thinking maybe he's doing this on purpose becuase he doens't want to see me anymore, and rather than tell me that, he's trying to make me mad at him. Is that a possibility? Do guys do that? I wonder if he's just trying to make me mad enough so that I don't talk to him or something and he wouldn't have to deal with me....I really just don't know about this situation. Confused Anyone have any advice?

The last guy I dated told me he didn't have time for a grilfriend, and we still hung out, and then I hadn't seen him in like a week, and I went to a show and we were talking and he tells me he has a girlfriend......(and then I found out later that she's 6 month preg. and it's not even his kid, then I saw her and she's completely FUGLY! So I'm thinking she must have a great personality, and he must have just not liked me)
But this new guy says he likes me but his actions tell me differently, I'm just trying to figure it out.
Sorry this post is so long, I guess I rambled on too much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,376 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:16 pm
Forget about him and see if he calls back then... some times we like it when you play hard to get.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
Re: Am I just not taking the hint?
RockChk419 wrote:
So there is this guy that I like who is completely amazing, he's not only good looking, but has an amazing personality. And he's one of the few guys that has actually liked ME! We've gone out on a couple dates and we hang out with some mutual friends. I finally asked him about a week ago if anything was going to happen between us, or what his deal is and he told me he really liked me, but he doesn't want to have a girl friend becuase he would feel "tied down" and he doesn't want to get emotionally attatched like he did with his last grilfriend (they dated for about 3 years , it was a stupid high school realtionship which got way too serious and she broke it off with him...pretty much broke his heart....when she went to college) He's been out of school for a year and I just graduated and I'm not looking for a serious relationship with him, I just want someone to go out with and spend time with....that's more than just a friend....I've had 18 summers of being alone and I really don't want to be single for another one......
so I told him to think about it a few days ago and that he needed to make a decision....and now here's the problem.....he's always been bad a returning calls and he's never 100% reliable, but in the past weeks he's been extremely inconsiderate....for example, last night he told me he'd go to this party at a mutual friend's house, and he never showed up or called....and he's been doing things like that lately, making plans and blowing them off. Now, I'm not the kind of girl to blow a gasket just becuase I guy doesn't call me back, or show up for something....but it's getting ridiculous......and he always has good excuses, so I never know if he's lying to me..... I haven't talked to him since he didn't show up the other night.....
but, I keep thinking maybe he's doing this on purpose becuase he doens't want to see me anymore, and rather than tell me that, he's trying to make me mad at him. Is that a possibility? Do guys do that? I wonder if he's just trying to make me mad enough so that I don't talk to him or something and he wouldn't have to deal with me....I really just don't know about this situation. Confused Anyone have any advice?

The last guy I dated told me he didn't have time for a grilfriend, and we still hung out, and then I hadn't seen him in like a week, and I went to a show and we were talking and he tells me he has a girlfriend......(and then I found out later that she's 6 month preg. and it's not even his kid, then I saw her and she's completely FUGLY! So I'm thinking she must have a great personality, and he must have just not liked me)
But this new guy says he likes me but his actions tell me differently, I'm just trying to figure it out.
Sorry this post is so long, I guess I rambled on too much!

You may have chosen the wrong person. I am sure you deserve better than the treatment you're getting. Perhaps one secret to success is the willingness to accept a certain amount of relationship failure without getting too badly hurt, and simply moving on to the next person until you find someone really compatible. Good luck.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:22 pm
I think you know the answer to your question. If you can't just move on, at least move back. Keep things very casual. "Needy" never reads well with guys. He'll let you know if he's interested.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:10 pm
Re: Am I just not taking the hint?
RockChk419 wrote:
so I told him to think about it a few days ago and that he needed to make a decision....and now here's the problem.....

You are right that "here's the problem" but it isn't what you think it is.

He already told you he isn't interested in having a g/f. Why are you giving him ultimatums? This is like telling a 5 year old "eat your lima beans or I'll take them away from you!" after they told you that they hate lima beans.

The problem is that he's told you where he wants the relationship to head to and you are prentending he didn't.

Have fun over your summer and look for someone else. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:43 pm
He told you he doesn't want a girlfriend, you say you want more than just a friend.

Time to go enjoy your summer - perhaps you'll meet someone who's also looking for more than just a friend.

Welcome to A2K, and go get some sun!
0 Replies