What has happened to common sense?

parados

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:53 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Ok, so now the boat is sinking.

That wasn't the situation I proposed... "Common sense" tells me if a boat is capsized and not sinking then it isn't sinking.

Changing the situation changes the most valid response but it doesn't make the response "common sense" that should apply to everyone. It appears that you don't like my simple response to a problem so make stuff up to make it not apply. I see already why "common sense" is gone from your world.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:59 pm
I am mad at the lack of common sense these days.

Treat people in need, in deed. Give them a drink of water, a shot of penicillin, and a bus ride back across the border.

So go ahead and stick your head out the window and yell. Just be really careful if you're in a moving vehicle.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:02 pm
All right, dude, that's the way you see it. Personally (and I was born and raised there), I think California benefits from illegals more than it is hurt by illegals. Even the Texas Yalie in the White House doesn't want to close the border leaks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:03 pm
parados wrote:

That wasn't the situation I proposed... "Common sense" tells me if a boat is capsized and not sinking then it isn't sinking.

Changing the situation changes the most valid response but it doesn't make the response "common sense" that should apply to everyone. It appears that you don't like my simple response to a problem so make stuff up to make it not apply. I see already why "common sense" is gone from your world.

So you accuse me of lacking common sense? LMFAO. Perhaps my greatest lapse is posting here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:04 pm
Who here right now is sipping bottled water?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:07 pm
I don't drink water. Fish f*ck in it.

(with a nod to Mr. Fields...)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:07 pm
You're on the freeway with no one behind you in your lane for at least a quarter mile. Someone pulls up on your left, (maybe) turns on their blinker, then cuts in front of you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:09 pm
patiodog wrote:

That commercial is funny, but its implications are just lies.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:10 pm
Dunno what commercial you're talking about. It's an old W.C. Fields quote. In fact, all W.C. Fields quotes are old, except for the ones I make up.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:12 pm
Dasani, perhaps, stealing his lines? Guy dressed up as a bear, drinking bottled water, talking about the salmon spawning in the "mountain spring water".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:13 pm
People drive while talking on their cell phone...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:13 pm
cjhsa wrote:
patiodog wrote:

That commercial is funny, but its implications are just lies.

But, is it common sense?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:14 pm
cjhsa wrote:
parados wrote:

So you accuse me of lacking common sense? LMFAO. Perhaps my greatest lapse is posting here.

I see you violating the very standard you claim should apply, a simple solution should be accepted. Yet when I presented you with a scenario you refuse to accept the simple solutions but argue that the situation should be changed. Doesn't that equate to lacking common sense as you stated in your first post?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:19 pm
Synonymph wrote:
cjhsa as Howard Beale:

' I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" . . . etc. . . .

Fantastic, that one really cracked me up . . .

I'm stickin' around this one--one might be tempted to suggest that this thread couldn't get any sillier, but i say, all bets are off . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:22 pm
Common sense says it can...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:23 pm
PPD, a friend of mine has a tape of that radio show, the one in which they attempt to get W.C. to drink a glass of water . . . it is high-larious . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:24 pm
Common sense says it can't...

;-)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:25 pm
Setanta wrote:
PPD, a friend of mine has a tape of that radio show, the one in which they attempt to get W.C. to drink a glass of water . . . it is high-larious . . .

Is that the quote, verbatim? "Fish f*ck in it?"

Oh, the indecency!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:28 pm
Yes, the recording is (or at least, is alledged to be) from the early 1930's, before the League of Decency started having coniptions . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:39 pm
the entire quote is "I never drink water, fish f**k in it"
0 Replies