Turner: CNN Focuses Too Much on Perverts

kirsten

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:59 pm
Well sure. They can't just put someone on the screen mumbling random thoughts.... Hey wait a minute .... Shocked
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:01 pm
kirsten wrote:
Well sure. They can't just put someone on the screen mumbling random thoughts.... Hey wait a minute .... Shocked

Laughing 'Reality Mumbling'
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:10 pm
Brand X wrote:
kirsten wrote:

Laughing 'Reality Mumbling'

Why not? As concepts go, it's as good as some of the trash out there. Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:25 pm
i'm not too sure what's going on with cnn. i was a long time fan, but started spending must of my news time on msnbc last year. just seem to get more actual news and the commentary/debate line up is much better.

they killed off crossfire and judy woodard left this week, so rather than give us anything new, we would be treated to more time with wolf blitzer, king of monotone. even arron brown's show gets coopted into some vacuous special report (at 7pm, "does american culture contribute to the rise in cases of acne found in third world teenagers ?").

and what the hell is with headline news ?? the world is so serene that there's just not enough to report on so time has to be filled in with an hour of nancy grace ?

nope, cnn's having an identity crisis, due in part to middle age (tv wise) and part in fear of the fnc demo. worst of all, they are publicly talking about it instead of cooking up something more interesting.

it also occurs to me that problems and fears farther up the corporate stream are taking a toll as well.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 01:26 pm
DTOM - when I first saw the headline (CNN Focuses Too Much on Perverts).....my first thought was they have too many stories on Ted Kennedy.

Smile
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 02:52 pm
JustWonders wrote:
DTOM - when I first saw the headline (CNN Focuses Too Much on Perverts).....my first thought was they have too many stories on Ted Kennedy.

Smile

no, no, no, jw.. you're thinking of fox. Laughing

one wonders (because there can only be one..) if perhaps the time will come in the next couple of years when both fox and cnn will have outlived their usefulness, i.e. partisan outlets ?
0 Replies