Skin Lightening

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:07 pm
I'm trying to lighten my skin. My nationality is chinese, and all my brothers, and parents have noticeably lighter skin than I do. I think I stayed in the sun too much when I was young, and I turned darker as a result. It has stayed with me even 3-5 years later.

My question, is there anyway to speed up the process or use some kind of lotion to help the skin return to its normal lightness. I've gotten comments that I don't even look chinese anymore.

All suggestions, (except a michael jackson response) will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 2
No top replies

amph1bius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 01:42 pm
anyone know?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:03 pm
amph1bus--

Welcome to A2K.

I'm not a dermatologist

Logically, it seems to me that if your skin color is due to overexposure to sun, you would have tan lines on your body. The part of your body which was covered by clothing would be lighter than the rest of your body.

If this isn't the case, then you probably inherited a genetic combination for darker skin than the rest of your family.

I know that bleaching creams don't work for freckles and I very much doubt that they would work on large areas of skin, either. Any advertisment that promises lighter skin is a cruel hoax and and spending your money on bleaching creams would be a waste of money.
0 Replies