DEEP THROAT

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:10 am
http://boortz.com/images/funny/060205_deep_six.gif
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:19 am
McG
McG, it appears you are unable to appreciate the difference between a presidential sexual affair in the White House and a president who tried to corrupt the CIA, FBI and the IRS---and subvert the Constitution.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:23 am
And you seem unable to differentiate between McGentrix, a poster on A2K and the artist of a political cartoon trying to make a point.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:39 am
Man, that's weak. You used the cartoon. It's not a stretch or at all illogical to assume you share the artist's POV.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:40 am
McGentrix wrote:
And you seem unable to differentiate between McGentrix, a poster on A2K and the artist of a political cartoon trying to make a point.

If you weren't trying to make a point by posting the cartoon, McG, then what was it that you were trying to do?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:52 am
Aaaawwwww... Did I step on someones feelings?

Explain to me how posting a cartoon demonstrates my being "unable to appreciate the difference between a presidential sexual affair in the White House and a president who tried to corrupt the CIA, FBI and the IRS---and subvert the Constitution."

The cartoon is about Deep Throat being loved by liberals in the media and Tripp being despised... It has nothing to do with either president.

For such usually adept posters, you are sure showing signs of ineptitude on this one.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:54 am
Of course it has something to do with either president. It has to do with how serious the infraction was.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:54 am
Oh, that's right. Damn, my bad - I went and expected intellectual honesty from McGentrix. Brain fart.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
Gee, sorry you lack the ability to understand a simple cartoon. Perhaps you can Joe to write you an essay about the deeper constitutional meanings of whistle blowing.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:21 am
McGentrix wrote:

The cartoon is about Deep Throat being loved by liberals in the media and Tripp being despised... It has nothing to do with either president.

The situations are so different that they are not really comparable... unless you think that subverting the Constitution is akin to getting a blowjob? Before your little explanation about it being about media love/hate, that was the point I thought you were trying to make, based upon your past posts, McG.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:22 am
Hint: There is virtually no doubt that Nixon would have been impeached and he could have easily been convicted and sentenced to jail instead of just his co-conspirators taking the wrap.

There weren't enough votes and never were enough votes to impeach Clinton over his personal transgression which had nothing to do with any attempt to subvert the Constitution for personal power as orchestrated by Nixon and his cronies.

Perhaps it was the facelift and lipo that caused Linda to fall through that hole for which most conservatives didn't shed any tears.

Linda's pettiness will always exceed her obscurity.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Gee, sorry you lack the ability to understand a simple cartoon. Perhaps you can Joe to write you an essay about the deeper constitutional meanings of whistle blowing.

That's probably the first time I've ever seen "Joe" used as a verb.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:17 am
simply imagine the word "get" in front of it. Embarrassed
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 12:58 pm
jeez louise.

i just finished responding to a clinton/bj etc. post from mcg on another thread ...

seems to be a recurring diversion from the topic on any thread. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:58 am
snood wrote:
Man, that's weak. You used the cartoon. It's not a stretch or at all illogical to assume you share the artist's POV.

Particularly when McGentrix uses the tag line, "that's just my opinion."
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:24 am
You have got to be kidding, joefromchicago, we use the verb joe a lot here on A2K. People have been joed under by a particularly smart remark, others have had their argument punctured by a joeism, and, my personal favorite, writers are asked joe up their posts with links.

You haven't heard about this? I always thought they were referring to you, but now I don't know.

Joe( insert link here)Nation

PS: The most fatuous arguments, or I guess they are just snide remarks, are from G. Gordon Liddy, who has the present audacity to bring up the subject of any money that Felt may receive now his dotage as if Liddy's snout wasn't in every wallet pocket throughout his disgraceful life. He was on Fox trying to make it sound, and being allowed, as if Felt took money from the Woodward and Bernstein. Pathetic.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:38 am
Chuck Colson is still convinced that Deep Throat was someone inside the White House.

He fails to see how the FBI could know that much about the inner workings of the White House.

What a fool.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:42 am
Haven't you guys ever been asked to go Joe yourself? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:05 am
What Nixon et al failed to realize was if you raise a bad dog to bite, (the FBI let loose on America war protesters and civil right activists,) you better not turn around else your own behind gets nipped.

Joe(Did anyone in that gang own a dog)Nation

You might have been snowed,
you might have been mowed
but you never been silo-ed
until you been joed by Willie.

Jadda jo jo jo jo joe

The words of Blind WillieJoe Patterson

(not everything you read on the Internet is real)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:26 am
Just as a point of clarification, the 'blow job' was not the issue. The issue was obstruction of justice and lying to a lawfully assembled grand jury and, in the process, violating the rights of a private citizen. A federal judge agreed and held him in contempt of court. The Arkansas Bar Association agreed and suspended him from practice. The Supreme Court of the USA agreed and barred him from arguing cases before the high court forever.

Nixon, tried by the press and not by any judge or court, most likely did not order or know about the activities that brought him down until after the fact, And then his crime was attempting to cover up those embarassing activities.

That is the point, I believe the cartoon posted by McG intended to emphasize, and the double standard applied by some to those who blow the whistle on high level offenders.
0 Replies