Cancer - Skin

bashy05

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 06:27 pm
A small area on my nose become discolored, thickened or scaly and red and it some times bleed but each time it gets bigger this have been going on for almost 6 months.
After going for skin Biopsy 2 weeks ago my doctor told me yesterday that I have Basal Cell Carcinoma and he recommended surgery for me, but I am really scare because I don't want to have any recurrence of the cancer after a few years and also I don't want to have any scare on my face.
I started calling my friends for advise and one of them told me about this skin cancer cream call Curaderm. Does any one of you have ever heard to this product? do you think it would work for the BCC I have got and is it safe?Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 372 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 06:32 pm
The product is widely used in the UK and can be bought on the internet. I have used it to remove some skin cancers of the same type. I am not a medical doctor. This is just personal opinion.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:10 pm
Personally, I'd go with your doctor's advice. Many skin cancers can be removed leaving only inconspicuous traces.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:12 pm
Basal cell carcinoma is the least virulent of skin cancers, in that it is the least likely type of skin cancer to metastasize.. Even knowing this, I would not fool around with it. If it were me, I would want it cut out, pronto.

I have already had a number of basal cell carcinomas removed, with little effect to my gorgeous :wink: face!

http://www.skincancer.org/basal/index.php
0 Replies