Tulsi Gabbard Is Having A MAGA Moment After Her Debate Performance.

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:27 am
@snood,
I used to have some respect for Hillary as a political hawk, but that was an illusion; she's lost her shine in 2016. Now she's just the wife of an ex-president who tried to get elected and couldn't.

What I fail to understand is: Why cares about her emotions, really? Who gives a flying rat's ass about whom she likes and doesn't like? Apparently you do... so, are you also listening to her playlist of favorite bands, buying the books she loves, and following her house decorations tips?
blatham

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:30 am
@engineer,
Good example. Wouldn't it be interesting to know who funded that legal challenge as it wouldn't have been the kid himself.

PS... I assume most of you have caught the story that the Saudi leader sent a file to Jeff Bezo's phone which implanted malware as an initiative designed to hurt Bezos who had, of course, been critical of SA and of the murder of Khashoggi. Compromising data found (an affair) was then supplied to Trump ally, the National Enquirer. The story is Here
Lash

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:31 am
@blatham,
It’s ******* McCarthyism and you should hate ANYONE casting aspersions like this on ANYONE without publicly released evidence.

What is WRONG with you people?
Lash

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:32 am
@blatham,
And perpetrated by Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:36 am
@blatham,
Yes, I saw that story. It shows just how above the law the Saudis are. They murder a US journalist in Turkey and blatantly hack a CEO's phone (then leak personal files?) and only make a proforma effort to hide their tracks. I think they know the current administration isn't going to do anything to them.
engineer

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:39 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I used to have some respect for Hillary as a political hawk, but that was an illusion; she's lost her shine in 2016. Now she's just the wife of an ex-president who tried to get elected and couldn't.

Obviously you're entitled to that opinion, but as a two term senator and Secretary of State for four years, I think she has her own bona fides.
blatham

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:42 am
@Lash,
To see you bemoan the casting of aspersions is notable. Almost nothing you contribute here is without this characteristic. Perhaps more than anything else, it is precisely this which identifies your posts. You could write under any name and we'd all know it's you.
Brand X

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:43 am
@blatham,
Deflect much?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:43 am
@engineer,
Quote:
It shows just how above the law the Saudis are.
Oil and money.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:46 am
@engineer,
And you think she could have been elected senator in New York if she hadn't married Bill Clinton first, and if he hadn't been elected president?
blatham

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:51 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And you think she could have been elected senator in New York if she hadn't married Bill Clinton first, and if he hadn't been elected president?
Of course. It would have taken quite a different path but she has the talents and the drive that could easily have gained her a seat in Congress. Consider examples of women presently in the Senate and House. Marsha Blackburn. Joni Ernst. etc etc
Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:54 am
@blatham,
Evidently, it cannot be proven either way, but I don't buy it.
engineer

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:03 am
@Olivier5,
Hmmm, a politician getting a leg up due to family connections? Naw, that never happens to a Kennedy or a Bush or a Romney or any number of well connected families. They all earned it unlike that no good Clinton. Still, regardless of how she got started, she has the experience (and was reputed to do a good job in both positions) and knows of what she speaks. Are you sure you should disregard the message because you don't like the messenger?

John Kerry has a similar résumé, junior senator, lost a presidential election (although unlike Clinton, he actually lost the popular vote, the only Democrat since 1988 to do so), Secretary of State. Would you dismiss him as only the husband of a wealthy heiress?
blatham

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:08 am
@Olivier5,
You don't, eh? Kindly list the characteristics of Blackburn or Ernst or Susan Collins or Deb Fischer which demonstrate how they are better equipped to achieve and excel in office than her.
Lash

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:13 am
@blatham,
Actually, the opposite is true.

You and your cronies are guilty of the same baseless smears your Dear Leader has trotted out on the American political stage.

Like Hillary uses accusations of Russians, you do the same. It has the desired effect of censoring all dissent by maligning the individual as suspect—something that has been done here by you to me since 2015, when I showed support for Bernie Sanders and distrust and criticism for your preferred political party.

No one can argue successfully against those criticisms, so they all run to the ad hom—‘she’s a Russian agent. She’s a secret GOP.’ How stupid. Cowardly, like Hillary Clinton who is ALWAYS calling somebody a name instead of serving voters. Does she try to find policies that will attract voters? Hell no.

She divides people with hate. “She’s a Russian asset. He’s a sexist. They’re Bernie Bros. Those people are Obama Boys. Those people are what I call a basket of deplorables. Women who don’t support women go to hell.” She actually tried to use these exact statements to force people to vote for her. That’s your Dear Leader. Snap out if it!

McCarthyism #2 is well on its way to our public stage as The Russians Are Coming can if we don’t nip this **** in the bud. Remember how people lost their careers, their freedom to dissent from the prevailing narrative? Talk about loss of freedom of speech...

This is you now. You look like a little brown suit, matching around, pointing your baton at other people, designating who should be able to have an opinion. The pack mentality and accusations of hidden motives rule the show here. It mirrors what’s happening on the national stage, and this monster you play with in your tiny fiefdom writ large can get very ugly. It can ruin lives. It can escalate, but by the time you see what you’ve made, there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

Tulsi Gabbard, no matter what we think if her, deserves to be judged on what she does and says, not on a calculated desperate smear by a psychotic authoritarian wanna-be like Hillary Clinton and her paid media shits.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:16 am
@blatham,
It's naïve to assume that politics are about skills. It takes more than a good CV to be elected senator. You need allies and backers. These are easier to find when you've spent 8 years in the White House than when you haven't.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:21 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Are you sure you should disregard the message because you don't like the messenger? 

Calm down; I'm not discarding any message from Clinton on the basis that I don't like her. I just think she's a headless chicken at this point, still running around and bumping into stuff haphazardly but already brain-dead.
engineer

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:24 am
@Olivier5,
I'm pretty sure that she is far from brain dead and knows exactly what she intends to do when she makes these comments. They are far from random IMO.
blatham

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:25 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
It's naïve to assume that politics are about skills. It takes more than a good CV to be elected senator. You need allies and backers. These are easier to find when you've spent 8 years in the White House than when you haven't.
Sure. But none of that supports your claim or gives credence to the notion that she would have failed while these others succeeded.
Lash

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:42 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Of course. It would have taken quite a different path but she has the talents and the drive that could easily have gained her a seat in Congress. Consider examples of women presently in the Senate and House. Marsha Blackburn. Joni Ernst. etc etc

I wouldn’t accept that misleading premise. It’s what they have in common that makes the argument. Ernst got her name recognition from a strong evangelical base due to her dramatized life story. At least her notoriety came from her own life. Look for anything that put these women in the public eye.

Americans are known to vote for or choose a name they’ve heard, sometimes even if what they’ve heard is mildly negative or they don’t remember / know
anything about the person.
0 Replies