IRFRANK

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 09:29 am
Tucker Carlson on Fox:

"Filling in as the host of Fox News' "Hannity" Tuesday night, conservative commentator Tucker Carlson said that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick should have received the death penalty for killing dogs.

The comment came during a panel discussion on President Obama's recent phone call to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, in which he praised Lurie for giving Vick a second chance after his federal dogfighting conviction.

"I'm a Christian. I've made mistakes myself. I believe fervently in second chances," Carlson said. "But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should've been executed for that. He wasn't, but the idea that the president of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs? Kind of beyond the pale." "

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tucker-Carlson-says-Philadelphia-Eagles-Michael-Vick-should-have-been-executed-for-killing-dogs-122910

Another example of a sensational comment, completely unbelievable as to his real thoughts, simply made to keep the story in the headlines with some hope of hurting the president. I know I'm "on the other side" so to speak, but these antics on Fox are so transparent to me that they border on comical.

Would Tucker Carlson feel the same way if it was his brother, or his news editor for that matter, convicted of the same crimes? I would guess not.

These guys have zero credibility. They are simply an act with the only intention of spewing anger and hatred toward an elected administration.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 2,214 • Replies: 17
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 09:32 am
@IRFRANK,
I saw the headline on google news and said to myself, who is Tucker Carlson again?
I guessed Fox, looked up at the credit and saw Fox news.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 09:32 am
@IRFRANK,
I think your assessment is spot on.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:13 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:
These guys have zero credibility.
They are simply an act with the only intention of spewing anger and hatred
toward an elected administration.
U mean like the liberals toward, W, right ????????

David
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:21 am
@IRFRANK,
As I had said on the other thread Vick should only had needed to serve twenty year or so for killing dogs in such a manner however if he had kill cats he should indeed had been put to death.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:24 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
As I had said on the other thread Vick should only had needed to serve twenty year or so for killing dogs in such a manner however if he had kill cats he should indeed had been put to death.
In a spirit of COMPROMISE, r u willing to accept 40 years ?
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
In a spirit of COMPROMISE, r u willing to accept 40 years ?

Let me get back to you on that as two of my cats are now on the computer desk and they all are still arm with their claws.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 02:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Please supply a similar occurrence from the "W" years.

No doubt, W received some abuse, but I don't recall anything this ludicrous.

Now when the VP shot his lawyer friend in the face, I don't recall any death penalty suggestions.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 02:39 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Now when the VP shot his lawyer friend in the face, I don't recall any death penalty suggestions

What the hell does an accident shooting that did not result in dead have to do with the slow and cruel killings and treatments of many dozens of dogs?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 04:33 pm
A rabid Fox News commentator a PETA sympathizer? Whodathunk!?
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
I question if you need to be a supporter of PETA to be either outrageous at Vick treatments of those dogs or to not be able t see the connection between an accidence shooting of a hunting companion by the Vic President and Vick killing and torturing of those dogs.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
What the hell does an accident shooting that did not result in dead have to do with the slow and cruel killings and treatments of many dozens of dogs?

About as much sense as somehow using this to initiate a negative comment toward the president.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 07:26 pm
word
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 10:58 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
IRFRANK wrote:
Please supply a similar occurrence from the "W" years.

No doubt, W received some abuse, but I don't recall anything this ludicrous.
The whole 8 years was incidental to endless liberal whining.

IRFRANK wrote:
Now when the VP shot his lawyer friend in the face,
I don't recall any death penalty suggestions.
There was no crime in that; no malice; no death.
The injured friend assumed the risk of a hunting accident, as did the VP.

The dogs were intentionally and maliciously murdered by fighting them to the death.

David
Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
and..physically picking up the dogs and smashing them on the ground to death. (shudder)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:26 am
@IRFRANK,
I think you're absolutely right about the motivation. It's just another example of Obama-mania. If Mr. Obama had publicly condemned Vick, you'd hear the rightwingnut talking heads squealing about freedom, and whining about "the nanny state." These clowns can barely restrain themsevles from adding outright racist slurs to the mix.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 08:19 am
Yes, it's funny the things people say and do to perpetuate their reli— er, politics
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 08:34 am
@thack45,
Quote:
Yes, it's funny the things people say and do to perpetuate their reli— er, politics

Exactly.

It's just kind of extreme to have a complete 'news' network devoted to it.

0 Replies