Tulsi Gabbard Is Having A MAGA Moment After Her Debate Performance.

RABEL222

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 08:53 pm
I meant commie. But I have to apologize to lash. I misread her post to say she agreed that we should back Russia over our own government. Sorry about that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 03:30 am
@neptuneblue,
I fully expect her to lose, but I like her butterfly effect.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 04:41 pm
@Lash,
The lead post of this thread details the extent to which right wing media, notably Fox, has been advancing Gabbard's candidacy. That's because they love her. They really love her policy ideas too, at least the one's that match Sanders' and Warren's policy ideas.

And there's these guys:
Quote:
The Russian propaganda machine that tried to influence the 2016 U.S. election is now promoting the presidential aspirations of a controversial Hawaii Democrat who earlier this month declared her intention to run for president in 2020.

An NBC News analysis of the main English-language news sites employed by Russia in its 2016 election meddling shows Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, who is set to make her formal announcement Saturday, has become a favorite of the sites Moscow used when it interfered in 2016.

Several experts who track websites and social media linked to the Kremlin have also seen what they believe may be the first stirrings of an upcoming Russian campaign of support for Gabbard.
NBC

And, there's you.
Lash

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 05:05 pm
@blatham,
So, in your world, people are guilty if Fox likes them. So, since I hate Fox, does that make me innocent of something?

I’m open to changing my mind about Tulsi. I don’t have any emotional investment at all. I just haven’t seen evidence of a good reason to turn against her. Nimh seemed uncharacteristically hot about her, and I thought I might get a smoking gun from him, but no.

I do know she —and I — believe that oddly-timed gassing in Syria, what, the DAY AFTER trump announced he was preparing for a quick draw down, was more likely ordered by the US or a shadowy covert org in the US than by Assad. She probably tried to check it out.

I’m anti-trump, but not so anti-trump that I delight in turning every piece of news into whatever I can to discredit him. I also think Assad is guilty of most of what he’s accused of, but I still always want to know facts.

I think that might have been tulsi’s primary failure in this Assad situation.
blatham

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 06:14 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
So, in your world, people are guilty if Fox likes them.
Gabbard guilty? I said nothing about Gabbard at all, negative or positive. Not in this conversation and not in any others. Nor have I implied it.

You're being obtuse on purpose. If Fox personalities are promoting Gabbard they aren't doing so to help the Dems win. They are doing it to hurt Dem electoral chances. Likewise Russian troll operations. That's the company you're keeping.

Lash

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 06:20 pm
@blatham,
No, I think you’re too short-sighted. Tulsi IS helping an incredible, honest, visionary statesman. It is neither her fault nor mine that Fox News also has some strategy featuring her. YOUR thinking is too simplistic on this account—not mine.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 06:38 pm
@Lash,
So people who don't agree with you are simple. Sounds like something you would post.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 06:44 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Tulsi IS helping an incredible, honest, visionary statesman.

She got into a race for presidency of the United States. What you're saying is that she's unqualified and unable to run her own campaign. So it's a waste of resources and breath for her to continue her path to the White House.
Lash

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 09:05 pm
@neptuneblue,
I didn’t speak to any of that.
blatham

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 06:00 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I didn’t speak to any of that.
Of course you did. You said earlier Gabbard's true value was her help in damaging Harris' candidacy. And you've just said her candidacy is helping someone else (ie Sanders), an idea you forwarded just earlier with "butterfly effect". Neptune has it exactly right.
snood

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 07:23 am
@blatham,
Again, Blatham - thanks for shining light on her underhanded shenanigans.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:52 pm
My, my. How the losing desperados twist facts.

None of this makes any difference to anyone.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:55 pm
@Lash,
How is it twisting facts Ms. Gabbard isn't presidential material? You've said so yourself, she's a spoiler.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:59 pm
@neptuneblue,
I did not.

One effect of her candidacy is that it is aiding other progressives and hurting establishment candidates.

I don’t think she intends that, but it’s happening.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 11:50 am
Gabbard's unpardonable crime is that she has received some thumbs up from conservatives.

Never mind any of her progressive positions, she has the mark of FOX upon her!

I would wager that the dolts in this forum ragging on her have no idea what she stands for.
revelette1

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Actually my only problem with her (that I know of) is her stance with Syria and Assad. It would be like getting chummy with Saddam Hussein when he was still alive. Kind of like Trump and North Korea, he is practically in love with Kim Jong. You do not get chummy with war criminals.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:20 pm
@RABEL222,
It's actually more leftist media lies. When someone appeals to more than just the extreme left, it has to be because of Russians. They are the new boogieman for the DNC.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In fact, I do.

She has "some" qualities but for the most part, she's a non-starter. She hasn't laid out a budget plan, a health care plan or even a infrastructure plan. She talks big but doesn't say how she intends to do anything, let alone get the money to pay for it.

I especially don't like the slashing of the military budget.

I'm going to pass.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:40 pm
@RABEL222,
No, that sounds like something you would post.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 12:33 am
@Baldimo,
But baldy, I have never called you simple. Unable to understand simple English isent. The same thing.