What Is Your Favorite Place To Be In Your Home

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:55 am
For me it is my bedroom, I go their to read and to think and dream. As I am now on my own I have decorated it in all things I like. It is pink, and pink. Lots of stuffed teddy bears and pictures of my family. It is quite there and I feel safe and comfy.

When I was a kid my favorite place was not in my home but in my grand mothers kitchen. She always had good stuff to eat and fun stories to tell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,892 • Replies: 45
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:08 am
Kind of depends on my mood, I think. This room (where the PC is) is a good room. We painted it yellow last year, and it has sage green curtains. Very cheery. The plant room (right next to this one) is all white (white walls, white lace curtains) but has dark reddish-brown furniture. Good jungle-y feeling in there with all of the plants. Downstairs, the fireplace room is good - lots of blues and ecru and a little brass and copper. Oh, and the bedroom is always excellent.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 01:47 pm
I love my living area. Lots of artworks on the wall, table with books and newspapers sitting on it, and a Corbusier-type leather lounger next to the full length window, just ideal for reading in good natural light. And a lounge and the TV and usually the Possum-cat.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 03:17 pm
Not too many choices where I am now! I love my living/dining room best. Huge, north (think south you northern hemisphere folks!) facing windows overlooking the parklands - when you are sitting, all you see are the tree-tops and the sky (and a couple of street lights - I DO overlook a six lane highway and a major intersection! Double glazing takes care of most of the noise).

The room has lots of Asian artifacts and some (copied, sadly) antiquities and other eclectic stuff - nothing properly on the walls yet - despite having been here two years - STILL moving stuff around - but various masks and stuff waiting to go on the walls - including a lovely wall hanging. Floor is pale wood veneer - sofas a kind of warm charcoaly colour. Horrible, multi-level cat climbing and perching THING at one side of window - sigh - kindness has overcome my aesthetics here - but they do look most fetching up there, and they are very enchanting to watch. A peaceful but stimulating room.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 04:47 pm
Still the kitchen. It's where I sit in the morning and fume at the news as I drink my tea. It's where my favorite telephone is (the one where all I have to do is scan a name, which is why I always forget the numbers). And I do love to cook.

Two young grandsons spent the weekend, and the kitchen floor is where they built their latest gundum models, with a curious cat poking around.

Since we moved to an apartment, I don't have the space I used to have. In the house, my favorite room was a sunroom, right off the kitchen and overlooking the pool, full of books and plants.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 08:47 pm
It's difficult to say which part of my home is my favorite, because I love all of it.

The living/computer/dining room is rather tropical/contemporary. The bookcases hold all our treasures and the couches are comfortable and relaxing to sit in and to look at.

My bedroom is adorable (IMO), with lots of oak and mirrors, and all my favorite things, pictures, and patio doors opening onto the screened porch, as the living room does.

The screened in porch is absolutely a favorite place, with plants, flowers, cat condo (they love it), where the sounds of rain or birds chirping, or squirrels climbing the screens not only fascinate the cats but they keep us entertained forever!

The porch overlooks the common area which is quiet, rather park-like, and the pool area is 20 ft. away from our porch, as is the BBQ /recreation area.

JD you'll just have to ask the kitties when you arrive:)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 08:48 pm
My bedroom. It has my bed and my computer. And it's next to the kitchen.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 08:54 pm
My bedroom as well. It's on the other side of that very same kitchen!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 08:55 pm
the kitchen is also good, no?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:31 pm
My room ~ too much furniture for the small space, but all of my favorite things are close.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:36 pm
all of my favorite things unfortunately reside in the kitchen. but i will not give in and claim it my most favourite place, no! instead i started bringing all the snacks into my room. if eaten in secrecy, they have 0 calories.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:37 pm
look at that, i am now an enthusiast in training! yay, lemme go to the kitchen for some of those snacks and some wine to celebrate!
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:39 pm
I spend most of time (when I'm sitting) at my 8 foot plantation in my livingroom-dinningroom combination. Three huge windows afford me three different and beautiful views, one of Mauna Loa, one of the cul de sac I live on and one of my back yard. Most activity happens here, entertaining, tv, dinning - reading. - yaking on the phone.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:40 pm
Munch.....munch.....scuze me.....

Congratulations, dagmaraka!

munch Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:40 pm
I meant 8 foot plantation table. Must be tired.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:45 pm
Rae - too much furniture you say? Me too.

Dag - right, 0 calories.... I wish

Seaglass - that sounds amazingly wonderful!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:48 pm
thank you, rae. i will log off before i get severe hickups.
plantation table, hmm. can't even begin to imagine one (my tribe speaks a different tongue) but i like the idea. my plantation table would have portabella mushrooms and strawberries firmly planted in the middle and I would rarely have to leave the house at all!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:49 pm
would you care for some wine and well disguised snacks, lil'k?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:50 pm
hahahaha, uhoh, I hear food noises in the kitchen....
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:01 pm
Pretty spooky.....I just spent ten minutes getting rid of my hiccups.....

You two sure you're not in my kitchen?
0 Replies