I'm going to Thailand

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:40 pm
I wish I could, too, c.i.!
I love ( parts of) Bali (not Kuta! Mad ) & Java!
I think I've been there about 9 -10 times, in all ... lost track!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:45 pm
This will be my second visit to Bali and my third visit to Singapore. Couldn't pass up the good deal. Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:47 pm
repeat post deleted.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:47 pm
Half your luck, c.i.!
(I'm envious!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:54 pm
Ubud was always our first destination in Bali. Straight from the airport in unseemly haste in a rickety taxi! Laughing Then, some very slow, days there before we'd be revived enough (after just finishing work in Oz) to head off to Java! Very Happy Are you going there, c.i.? Fascinating place.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:34 am
No Java on this trip. We're staying close to Tanah Lot at the Intercontinental Hotel for six nites. Some of us may do a tour to Java, but we'll have to wait and see.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:42 am
Never mind. Tanah Lot & surrounds = interesting & very soothing!
Just steer clear of Kuta! )<shudder!> (I'm sure you know this already! :wink:
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 04:26 am
I always liked the name Kalibukbuk but it wasn't that interesting really; we stayed in Santrian out of choice - a milder Kuta - and my almost favourite place is the Water Palace - can't remember its name.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:09 am
Been at Haad Salad since Sunday. Having a ball.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:15 am
Good! Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:15 am
Got into Phuket this afternoon. Hotel is exquisite. Off to check out the nightlife.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:45 am
Hey, Wilso, "having a ball" really doesn't tell us much. How about some details? LOL
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:42 am
Went on a snorkelling trip today to Phi Phi island. Hand feeding thousands of different coloured fish. It was amazing. I came back tired, sunburn't and happy.

This is an amazing place. I can't believe how happy and friendly the people are.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:09 pm
Wilso, I believe there's a big difference between the big cities vs resort areas of Thailand. Generally speaking, though, the Thais are happy and friendly people. Have you visited the Rose Garden?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:37 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Have you visited the Rose Garden?

No. Where?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:53 pm
Usually a half day tour out of Bangkok.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:12 pm
Didn't end up having much time in Bangkok. The last 5 days I've organised to go to Chiang Mai, so I've only got one day in Bangkok before I go home. But I'll be coming again! Didn't realise how much I would enjoy that city.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:22 pm
You'll also like Chiang Mai. We stayed at a hotel not far from the night market and the river. The one scene that remains inprinted in my brain of Chiang Mai is how they had stacked boxes of eggs outside in the hot sun for hours.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:09 am
Chiang Mai has been a blast. Ridden an elephant, an ox cart and a bamboo raft, seen another snake show, fed monkeys, taken about my 300th photo in a wat, been to the silk factory and some craft thing, the name of which I can't even remember. I'm going back to Bangkok tomorrow afternoon, and I'm afraid I won't have the energy to do anything but sleep tomorrow night:(
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:12 am
And the Old Chiang Mai cultural center was beautiful!
0 Replies