Has anybody ever

Tenoch

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:05 pm
Has anyone ever won back somebodys love? Or has anybody every won you back after you broke up with them. I often hear about people fighting for somebodys love and not giving up. But most of the time people who do crazy things for ex-lovers are looked upon as stalkers.

At what point does it stop being "trying to win their heart back" and start being stalking?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 963 • Replies: 11
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:46 pm
Has never tried to win anyones love. I figure when it's over...... it's over. Love doesn't usually fade quickly. It's more like a slow death. So when it's gone ... it's best to close the door and open a new one. Smile

Just my opinion.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 11:59 pm
Well... I've been through a breakup and reunited after Wink But we never stopped loving each other (broke up for other reasons), so I'm not sure if that answers your question accurately.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:11 pm
I would never ever fight for someone unless I knew, knew that we were meant to be. If I knew I loved him, I would wait for him and wait for him until he came back - and that to me is fight enough. I believe in fate: if you're meant to be, he will come back. Otherwise, love isn't something to be pushed.

But if you mean fights btwn girls over stupid relationships back in high school that everyone forgets about 2 days later - never been in one of those so I don't know.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 09:27 pm
Yes. But it doesn't last.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 04:23 am
Re: Has anybody ever
Tenoch wrote:
Has anyone ever won back somebodys love? Or has anybody every won you back after you broke up with them. I often hear about people fighting for somebodys love and not giving up. But most of the time people who do crazy things for ex-lovers are looked upon as stalkers.

At what point does it stop being "trying to win their heart back" and start being stalking?

When you care more about what you want for yourself than what the other person wants for his or her own life, and you begin acting and manipulating in such a way to get what you want without regard to how it makes the other person feel.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:30 am
it's just that i'm a very level headed person who just lets relationships end without a fight. I think like you guys, hence the "if it's meant to be, she'll come back to me somehow" statement.

I started noticing that girls like passionate guys that won't take no for an answer. Most girls look at a guys and say, "look at all the things he is doing for me, He must really love me." I feel like i'm loosing out because I do take NO as an answer. I don't want to act like like a whipped little boy just to get a girl. i'm not afraid to declare my love to a girl. The last girl that broke my heart knew of my love for her, but i think she kept waiting for me to beg for her love. I ain't begging, so I just let the relationship end.

I just think that girls are hypocrates sometimes. One guy will do something in the name of love and they will call that guy desperate and pathetic. Another guy will do the same exact thing and they'll call him romantic.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:14 am
Tenoch - they're not necessarily being hypocritical - although I guess some might be. The difference is in what they want. If they want you - then they will love that you won't take no for an answer and beg them to come back, etc. If they've decided they don't want you, your persistence and inability to take no for an answer will just creep them out - and they'll feel harrassed and stalked, etc.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:38 pm
aidan wrote:
Tenoch - they're not necessarily being hypocritical - although I guess some might be. The difference is in what they want. If they want you - then they will love that you won't take no for an answer and beg them to come back, etc. If they've decided they don't want you, your persistence and inability to take no for an answer will just creep them out - and they'll feel harrassed and stalked, etc.
I understand what you're trying to say, however we don't have control over wheather or not the person you're trying to get back loves you.

Therefore any actions you take to get that person back should be analyzed independently of the loved ones reactions. To me either everybody is either really desperate or they are all romantic. it should not depend on their reaction.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:48 pm
Getting back together is 99% of the time wishful thinking. A waste of time if you ask me.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:51 pm
Exactly - we can't control whether someone loves us or not. But we can't act independently of their feelings, especially if we love them. If we really love them, their feelings and desires should be uppermost in our hearts and minds. If someone doesn't love you - you're fighting a losing battle trying to be with him or her.

What do you mean when you say that someone is either really desperate or really romantic?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:38 am
aidan wrote:
What do you mean when you say that someone is either really desperate or really romantic?

Whenever I think of the word desperate in such context, a frantic looking teenage girl comes to mind - she's ugly, fat and really wants a boyfriend, but no one likes her. Its like the typical social outcast almost.

Romantic...I wonder...I think its romantic to wait for someone to come back - to know you love them and can devote yourself enough to them to reject any other possibility other than him (or her) alone.

Just my burble... Rolling Eyes

The idiot.
0 Replies