Neo-Conservative Takes Over GOOGLE! Bye Bye Info Highway!

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:34 pm
Tico, Not really. Sorry bout that. Proceed with regular programming. Correction: Actually, the ICRC only reported second hand what the prisoners told them (several prisoners reported the same mishandling of the Koran); they didn't see it first hand from what I've been able to gather from web sources.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 07:23 am
Google Eager to Work With Republicans

Quote:
..."The company is filing paperwork today to open its first-ever political action committee, and later this month, it will make an endangered GOP incumbent the beneficiary of its first-ever Washington fundraiser."

"The search-engine giant this month also deepened its ties to Republicans by inking a deal with former GOP Sens. Dan Coats (Ind.) and Connie Mack (Fla.) to lobby on its behalf," the article continues.

On Wednesday, the company, with TechNet, will co-host its first-ever Washington fundraiser, on behalf of Rep. Heather Wilson (N.M.), one of the most endangered GOP incumbents and a supporter of Google's position on "net neutrality," the key Internet regulatory issue that got Google entangled with the phone and cable companies. EBay, the online auction company, is also a co-host.

Full original article at Roll Call, but registration is required for access.

Yeah, Chicken Little.

Right?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:35 pm
Oh gosh, I just installed Google deskbar. It means Google can have access to all the computers on the internet. I am disabling the Google deskbar.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:58 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Oh gosh, I just installed Google deskbar. It means Google can have access to all the computers on the internet. I am disabling the Google deskbar.

Fine, but the neocons have a little deal worked out with Microsoft ....

Better get a Mac.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 11:56 pm
Ha, Ha! I seldom use the Explorer, Hotmail or Messenger.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 07:01 am
I guess only time will tell if liberal access to stories are curtailed in Google or not.

However, it is clear that the news is now slanted towards conservatives even in the so called alphabet news. It started out with a concentrated effort on the part of conservatives to compete with the liberal news and now has gotten popular. The watchers and listeners must have liked it or it would not have gotten popular. Air America sure doesn't fare as well. Speaking as a liberal I have to admit that when I listen to the radio it is usually in the car and I listen to music. But also, maybe liberals other than Bill Maher aren't as shocking and funny. (Personally I find him extremely offensive but he is about the only really popular liberal to compete with Ann Coulter...)

Maybe past administrations have used the news to spread misinformation, but me being a liberal I guess I keep up with this administration and how it uses the media to spread misinformation.

Bush Admin Rebuked by GAO on Propaganda

Now Bush held a WH house meeting with conservatives to spread his talking points. Past WH administration have done the same, I imagine. However, it's very telling in how the conservatives are learning PC.

Quote:
Ann Coulter's dinner speech to the Georgia Christian Coalition Saturday night was one of the year's hot tickets for conservatives - even before an after-dinner appeal to open up checkbooks to pay for this year's voter guide, the coalition had raised over $150,000 from the event, according to state chairman Sadie Fields.

No doubt the sharp-tongued conservative author was the star of the show, as evidenced by the long line that formed for a book-signing afterwards. But on a night with no hecklers to egg her on, she wasn't the newsiest item on the program.

First, Coulter found herself in the uncharacteristic position of being upstaged by her introducer, Mike Gallagher.

He told the audience he was fresh back from an hour-and-45-minute session which President Bush held in the Oval Office Friday afternoon with him and four other conservative talk show hosts: Atlanta's Neal Boortz, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity and Michael Medved. Rush Limbaugh couldn't make it, he said.

Though he said this session was supposed to be off the record, Gallagher described it at some length, including Bush's observation to the right-wing radio jocks that the War on Terror has to be about right versus wrong, "because if it's about Christianity versus Islam, we'll lose."

"Remind me never to invite you to an off-the-record session," Coulter said after his introduction.

source

I just don't understand how Ann Coulter can raise money at a Christian coalition event with the way she talks and dresses. But maybe I am just an old fashioned Christian.

Anyway, if this derails the thread, never mind; however, my point was that if they have succeeded in turning a once admittedly liberal media into a conservative either by fair means or foul, they can start controlling the internet. It would simply be a shame is all.

With two new conservatives on Google, it's like the last resort for alternative news is being tackled by conservatives. Maybe that is over reacting, but nevertheless, given their successes, one can be forgiven for being scared by the prospect.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 07:08 am
Imagine the outcry from the right if someone accused of voter fraud was the headliner at a Democratic fundraiser.
0 Replies