Druggists stop selling birth-control pills
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,007 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:57 am
I hope that those pharmacists who refuse bc are willing to adopt all the unwanted babies.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:57 am
I suggest that the women of Fabens, Texas immediately stop having sex and refuse to do so until their men-folk change that pharmacist's mind.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:02 am
Right on.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:08 am
Well said.

They need another pharmacist in the area that will do his bloody job correctly!!

Does he also refuse to sell tissues to men to clean up there sperm thats a result of masturbation??
Those sperm could have helped to become potential children and the masturbater just killed them.

I thought the pill made the body believe it was already pregnant therefore it could not get pregnant again, so that pharmasist is refusing the rights of women to feel pregnant.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:12 am
I hope the local doctors--all the local doctors--start selling pills as part of their medical practice. At the very least they should provide pharmacy mail order information to their patients.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:15 am
Same thing is going on in WI. They are even considering passing a law that protects the pharmisists from being fired.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:21 am
Surely a pharamasist is supposed to give an air of trust.If you go to get medicines you expect to get them!!!

Morals shouldnt come into it.
What if a woman had become pregnant through rape, she should definately have the choice to have a morning after pill!!!!!

Is this pharmasist male or female?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:23 am
Unbelievable!
Pharmacists are required to fill prescriptions, regardless
of the content. I would hope, people have better sense
and boycott pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions
for birth control. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:27 am
boomerang wrote:
I suggest that the women of Fabens, Texas immediately stop having sex and refuse to do so until their men-folk change that pharmacist's mind.

My God--
If they'd do the same thing until a man produced a condom, they wouldn't NEED birth control pills.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:39 am
If that were the case do you really think there would be any man that DIDNT have a condom to hand.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:27 am
I think one of the misconceptions about contracteption is that it's used solely for preventing unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:

Source

more benefits...

It's a rather tunnel-visioned perspective on birth control pills to assume that their sole purpose is to protect against pregnancy, or to encourage female promiscuity.

This is simply another absurdity by the religious right....or left if they too are so stupid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:34 am
Thanks, candidone - I was going to write a post about that, but your link is more complete than I would have written.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:51 am
Yep. I stopped menstruating after I had started but well before I was sexually active -- I was given something to re-start them which had really painful and awful side effects. Then I was put on birth control pills to calm everything down and get things regular.

I can't imagine having my pharmacist refuse to fill my prescription. (I already had gone through heck with the male gynecologist who was convinced I had stopped menstruating because I was pregnant and didn't believe my claims to the contrary...)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:12 pm
I don't see an issue. If it is against someone's morals you can't make them do it. When hiring the people who own the place should make sure that they have someone on hand that will not have an issue in doing the job. Don't fire someone because they won't do the job just make sure you hire better people.

You don't have an issue with people going AWOL from the military based on moral issues of war, so why be so hard on these people?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:31 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Don't fire someone because they won't do the job

??

You're either a pharmacist or you're not. Just like you're either a soldier or you're not.

And Lash, if I didn't have access to birth control pills, and I sincerely didn't want to get pregnant, a condom wouldn't convince me to have sex with my husband. They break. And sometimes little pranksters go to the drug store for the fun of poking holes in them.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:37 pm
They are doing their jobs except for one little part. I thought we lived in a free country? Do you not have morals? Would you do something that went against your morals.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:40 pm
No you're wrong Baldimo - just like a physician cannot
refuse patients, a pharmacists cannot refuse to fill a prescription.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:45 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
No you're wrong Baldimo - just like a physician cannot
refuse patients, a pharmacists cannot refuse to fill a prescription.

A hospital can not refuse patients but a Dr. can. A Dr. isn't a pharmacist now are they.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:57 pm
Right, a pharmacist is not a physician - he is someone who
fills the prescription written by a physcian . The physician is the
expert writing the prescription, the pharmacist is merely
the tool to execute. It is - under no circumstances - the parmacists right to question either the physician or the
physician's decision.
0 Replies